[Resolved] G90 a70 Chipset bricked.

all good info! I will attempt to go through these steps.

the cam i have is just not responsive. the computer cant even recognize I plug it up. it did once when I get the newer usb tool but that was it. i will try these steps, rebooting the computer after each step where i think it may help, the proceed.

the computer is robust and the usb ports all work so im not worried about the computer being faulty. its a computer I built.

Good luck. Look forward to hearing of your success soon!

Success. got the cam to boot up using some added instructions @Tobi@s sent me. it involved adding some drivers in legacy mode first to the computer, then the computer was able to recognize the cam upon plugging in the cam whilst pressing the left arrow (facing the screen) and it booted. firmware instlled.

NOW i have another issue: there is a white block on one side.

the recorded footage does not show this box which is not bad as it rules out the sensor, but how is this corrected? is the screen not fixable? ever seen this before?

could a ribbon cable inside be loose?

Attachments

• IMAG0632_1.jpg
    IMAG0632_1.jpg
    240.2 KB · Views: 36
yes opened it up. i did not remove the screen, just wanted to see where the battery was.

have you seen this behavior before? does it mean the screen is no longer working?

Well it looks hardware related so perhaps you've knocked something, if it has an AV output connect to a monitor, if the picture is fine on an external monitor then possible you've done something while you've been poking around inside

Does the G90 use ribbon cables for connecting the LCD monitor or other internal components? Perhaps there is a loose cable that needs to be re-seated?

Edit: Oh, I just read Dionic90's earlier post about this. Still, perhaps re-seating is necessary?

Yeah that block looks like the ribbon cable needs to be re-inserted, possibly slightly crooked causing the missing data on the screen.

28m1bm0.jpg

I also support using the A/V out to a monitor to confirm as well.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/B00FHFVZAW

$_57.JPG

yes its no longer bricked but the white box is still there after i re-seated the ribbon cable.

this may be a dumb question but does this mean the screen is no longer working? is is possible to get a replacement screen? IMAG0633.jpg IMAG0634.jpg

Tried the AV output to an external monitor yet? If it looks good there then you might be ok with just a replacement screen, you'd need to contact Dome to see if they could arrange though, they're not expensive but the practicalities of arranging it might not be worthwhile, good test of their customer service I guess

so i plugged the hdmi out from the cam to a monitor equipped with hdmi and the screen went black on the cam, which is what i suspect is normal, but the external monitor did not display an image. i have the monitor set to 1080i but nothing shows on screen.

could this be the display chip? what could have happened to screw with the display chip.

as mentioned earlier, the video is recorded with no white box so thats not so bad...

EDIT : i swapped hdmi cables and now the hdmi output is working.

Last edited:
Does it have an analog av out?

Typically the HDMI is playback only and an av out is often live feed, not familiar with the model though, perhaps one of the other guys that has one could check theirs and let you know how it behaves so you can correctly diagnose yours

@jokiin ,

i updated the post. i used a different cable and now i have an image at the hdmi port. the hdmi output is clean with no white box.

yes it has an av port but i dont think i have an av cable for it around the house, but at this point should it be safe to say the issue is with the screen and nothing else?

Yeah should hopefully just be the LCD, worst case you can't get one at least the camera will still work and any settings you need to change you could connect the av out to a monitor so you could see what you're doing

HAAHAHAAA THIS CAMERA has been a beast to deal with but I appreciate all of the help here gents. words cant express how happy i am with all of the help.

All,

is @Doreen the best contact at dome?

HAAHAHAAA THIS CAMERA has been a beast to deal with but I appreciate all of the help here gents. words cant express how happy i am with all of the help.

All,

is @Doreen the best contact at dome?

There's a few Dome reps on here, which is best though I have no idea, ask away and see how you go I guess

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Hilts G90 142
Back