Review: AUSDOM A261 HDR UHD 2K 1296P Dashcam Car DVR Built in GPS-Gearbest.com

I sent and email to Ausdom customer service about the firmware update and they have kindly shared the new firmware version with me. The email response from Ausdom is below, the firmare is on the link;

"Dear Baris,
Thanks for your purchasing Ausdom product and reaching out. As for your case,here is a updated file for your reference.

Please unzip the file in TF cards. when it finished,you can open the file and reset the unit.

When did you buy the unit? Have it worked normally?

Anything,please feel free to contact us again.
Kind Regards
Ausdom Team"

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5xxlWgw39TZbVh3RmVFOXhRYlFnUGxEcS1ISkI2V0FYZnR3/view?usp=drivesdk

Last edited:
What's new in the firmware?

What's new in the firmware?

Question to Ausdom ;

"Could you please advise what kind of corrections and modifications did you perform on this update?"

Response from Ausdom;

"Dear Baris,
Thanks for your constructive advice.
As for the corrections and modifications,you can use the updated file directly.
The details is beyond our limitation.
Hope this is helpful!"

Clearly, they need to improve their customer service, technical service approach to problems and PR. Otherwise they will be lost in the jungle.

Thanks for the link, I downloaded the file but how the hell do you update the firmware in the camera?

Thanks for the link, I downloaded the file but how the hell do you update the firmware in the camera?

You are right. The file does not update the cam. I reported this to Ausdom and they kept on saying that restarting the device, while the file is in the SDcard will make the update automatically. But it does not.

I put the first message before I perform the update. That's why it is still there. I ask the issue to Ausdom customer service once again. Let's see how they will respond.

Last edited:
Does anyone know a good replacment mount for the Ausdom A261? My mount doens't stay sucked to the window. Maybe a 3m mount?

Any report on how to update firmware?

I contacted Ausdom directly about that .. And heard nothing ..
So I have no idea what is happening with firmware , but then my Ausdom has not given me any problems ..
Other than the suction mount ( which has been replaced ) .
It would be nice if they could imprint speed into the video ..

I contacted Ausdom directly about that .. And heard nothing ..
So I have no idea what is happening with firmware , but then my Ausdom has not given me any problems ..
Other than the suction mount ( which has been replaced ) .
It would be nice if they could imprint speed into the video ..

Indeed, I love mine as well. Initially I had issue with the sandisk card which didnt allow loop recording for some reason, switched to samsun 64gb card and its been working flawlessly ever since.

I also had issue with the suction mount and micro vibrations. I took the rubber cup off of the suction mount, applied some double sided tape on the perimeter of the mount and installed it, the perimeter contact area between the double sided tape and plastic is 2~3 mm in width all around, which is plentiful as my mount has been on for the past 6+ months without any issue.

The factory tightening screw was also replaced with regular screw with a nylock nut at the end as the factory screw kept getting slightly loose on me allowing the micro vibrations to creep in.

I too would like the speed imprint on the video and slightly better night performance.

Back