Review: CHUPAD D501 Wedge Dashcam, WiFi (NT96658+IMX322) (Gearbest)

I wired my Chupad D501 in the rear without issue and it picks up night footage very brightly. Could be a bit sharper but for the most part works pretty well.

Do you mean you have put your Chupad D501 in the rear of your car or you have connected a rear camera in your Chupad D501 ?

So, can anyone recommend a good dual camera dash cam with hidden design ?

Do you mean you have put your Chupad D501 in the rear of your car or you have connected a rear camera in your Chupad D501 ?

So, can anyone recommend a good dual camera dash cam with hidden design ?
Chupad D501 in the rear.

I have decided to go with dual lens B40D and buy another rear camera 720p to replace the 480p that comes with B40D. I hope it would not be any compatibility issue !

Changing the camera won't change the resolution, it will still only support the same 480 lines regardless

That is what I was afraid of :(
are all dash cams under 80$ supports only low quality for rear camera ?

This looks excellent for the money and being in the UK the battery wouldn't cause me any problems as we are lucky to have sunshine here.

This looks excellent for the money and being in the UK the battery wouldn't cause me any problems as we are lucky to have sunshine here.
Mines been working faultlessly in UK for 3 months now... well pleased

Mines been working faultlessly in UK for 3 months now... well pleased
Same here.
So far works great and quality is also great for the very cheap price

Waiting for mine to arrive from Gearbest ordered 2 weeks ago.

Mines arrived.

Anyone know where I can get a spare mount so I can use it in another car.

Anyone know where I can get a spare mount so I can use it in another car.
Not sure.
It's unique design so can't buy generic.

Try this one for few days and if you like it, buy another. ;)

I think the manufacture would have or supply a spare but can't seam to find a contact for them.

I purchased this CHUPAD D501, and it has plenty of issues :
1/ leaking minutes and dozens of seconds, in some video, it leaked more than 1 minutes
2/ random videos time (not always 3min or 5min as configured) some videos record 20 seconds, the next records 1min 30sec ...etc, so it will store many many video files and make it very hard to find a video of a specific time you are looking for.
3/ annoying sound every single time it starts or stops, I removed the beep sound from settings, but this start up /shut down noise won't go !
4/ dash cam not stealth mode because it has chrome surrounding and lens is 100% chrome too
5/ car licence plates cannot be identified while moving, you should be stopped and the other cars should be also stopped to be able to read them

I have to say, the angle is real 170° though which is a plus, and also the night videos are good ! and I've got a partial refund, but still very disapointed, I spent a lot of time looking for the perfect budget dash cam, now I have to find another one :(

I purchased this CHUPAD D501, and it has plenty of issues :
1/ leaking minutes and dozens of seconds, in some video, it leaked more than 1 minutes
2/ random videos time (not always 3min or 5min as configured) some videos record 20 seconds, the next records 1min 30sec ...etc, so it will store many many video files and make it very hard to find a video of a specific time you are looking for.
3/ annoying sound every single time it starts or stops, I removed the beep sound from settings, but this start up /shut down noise won't go !
4/ dash cam not stealth mode because it has chrome surrounding and lens is 100% chrome too
5/ car licence plates cannot be identified while moving, you should be stopped and the other cars should be also stopped to be able to read them

I have to say, the angle is real 170° though which is a plus, and also the night videos are good ! and I've got a partial refund, but still very disapointed, I spent a lot of time looking for the perfect budget dash cam, now I have to find another one :(
There is no perfect dashcam, whether budget or not.

1. What do you mean by leak?
2. Random videos may be because you have motion sensor on. Turn it off.
3. Unless you deliver pizza or stop every few minutes, it doesn't bother. I drive almost an hour to work so it's just two startup/shutdown chimes.
4. You already knew that before ordering. It's not like you ordered all black and they sent you chrome lens housing.
5. Check my videos. This is pretty good. Of course you can't read license plates when going very fast or at low light/night or at extreme angles but in front and close is good. You'll have same issues of not being able to read plates even if you spend twice this.

1. What do you mean by leak?
I mean a video records from 18:00:00s to 18:03:00s, the next one should start at 18:03:01s but it start at 18:03:45s, and this a very big issue, because if something happens in this time frame, it will be like I had no dash cam at all.

2. Random videos may be because you have motion sensor on. Turn it off.
I know motion sensor might record random files size when car is stopped. but I mean those different size videos is while I am actually driving which does not makes sense !
I will turn it off and let you know !

3. Unless you deliver pizza or stop every few minutes, it doesn't bother. I drive almost an hour to work so it's just two startup/shutdown chimes.
I start/stops my card around minimum 10 times a day during the week and countless times during weekend as I have a lot of errands to run... also I had a very cheap dash cams and they made no noise starting up/shutting down.

4. You already knew that before ordering. It's not like you ordered all black and they sent you chrome lens housing.
I know I know, but I thought this is the only downside of it, and I was able to live with it, but then I had the other issues :/

I am ready to dump this dash cam to garbage, I ll give it a try messing with setup and see what it gives !

Back