Review: CHUPAD D501 Wedge Dashcam, WiFi (NT96658+IMX322) (Gearbest)

I doubt you will find a better camera with NT96658+IMX322 for the money ( I paid £36 UK pounds Delivered )
Yes it will have small issues and I quite like the sound On/Off but down to personal preference I suppose.

I mean a video records from 18:00:00s to 18:03:00s, the next one should start at 18:03:01s but it start at 18:03:45s, and this a very big issue, because if something happens in this time frame, it will be like I had no dash cam at all.

I know motion sensor might record random files size when car is stopped. but I mean those different size videos is while I am actually driving which does not makes sense !
I will turn it off and let you know !

I start/stops my card around minimum 10 times a day during the week and countless times during weekend as I have a lot of errands to run... also I had a very cheap dash cams and they made no noise starting up/shutting down.

I know I know, but I thought this is the only downside of it, and I was able to live with it, but then I had the other issues :/

I am ready to dump this dash cam to garbage, I ll give it a try messing with setup and see what it gives !

Items 1 and 2 are likely due to the motion sensor being on as Sunny mentioned. Turning it off will give you consistent recording.

I have consistent recording times on mine.

I'm thinking of ordering another for the rear of the car so if anyone is throwing their camera...please throw it in my direction. :)

Anyone know the mAh it pulls when connected as I would like to add a 30,000 mAh battery pack ( have spare one) for when the car is parked up. I know I read you can not turn the screen off which is a bit of a blow.

Sunny Wrote :Cons: no option to turn the LCD off.

On mine I just press the power button which turns the screen off , if I press for around 2-3 seconds it turns the camera OFF completely

Sunny Wrote :Cons: no option to turn the LCD off.

On mine I just press the power button which turns the screen off , if I press for around 2-3 seconds it turns the camera OFF completely
That's not an option.
That's a hardware button.

LCD screen can be turned off manually by pressing either power button quickly or holding down M button so it's an option to turn the screen off? Unless you are thinking an option in the menu.

Yes, option meaning menu/settings like most other dashcams.

Maybe in a further firmware update if any!

I have the D501 and it s excellent choice for the money. I only wish it had a higher bitrate as in the mountains it gets quite blocky. My videos:

The camera has been released also under the Dome A305 and Blackview 305 names however for the first one it states the sensor is IMX323 while on the second there is no info regarding the sensor. This way I hope there is a better chance for a firmware update as it looks identical.

Could someone help with the range of motion? I plan on ordering one for my rear window, the only issue is that its a minivan with almost a flat vertical window rather than being slanted so if adhered to the back window the camera has to be pushed all the way up in order to get a good angle of the rear. I just need to know if it would work.

The camera has been released also under the Dome A305 and Blackview 305 names however for the first one it states the sensor is IMX323 while on the second there is no info regarding the sensor. This way I hope there is a better chance for a firmware update as it looks identical.

Looks like the Dome A305 and Blackview A305 both use the Sony IMX323 sensor. Apparently the IMX323 is a lower cost version of the IMX322 due to the "Chip Scale Package" design but it is supposed deliver equivalent video quality. Based on the datasheets, the IMX322 and IMX323 appear quite similar. The IMX323 is in the new Xiaomi MiJia camera as well.

Apparently the IMX323 is a lower cost version of the IMX322 due to the "Chip Scale Package" design but it is supposed deliver equivalent video quality. Based on the datasheets, the IMX322 and IMX323 appear quite similar.

any price difference is negligible

any price difference is negligible
Bang on. Is really up to the manufacturer with what they decide to do with image quality with what they've given - some just take the sensor part and do nothing, others do a lot.

I just got this dashcam. How do I tell it's fake? Mine does have parking monitor and wifi. Connection for gps I believe. It starts and chime like how the $15 cams does lol. It looks cheap. Mine freezes as well. And the wifi app called lotto-off I think which I can't find anywhere

I just got this dashcam. How do I tell it's fake? Mine does have parking monitor and wifi. Connection for gps I believe. It starts and chime like how the $15 cams does lol. It looks cheap. Mine freezes as well. And the wifi app called lotto-off I think which I can't find anywhere
This camera has no GPS. Post some pictures of what exactly you have package and camera itself.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I'm not sure what the top blocked off jack for. Maybe not gps. Anybody have any information about weather it's fake or not? Why the review here says no parking mode while it does have it ?

Here is a quick shoot of the package

Attachments

• IMG_2064.JPG
    IMG_2064.JPG
    176.9 KB · Views: 19
So today I took it for a test. The day quality is amazing. However there is a reflection on the windshield from inside which is effecting the quality. I might need to play with the settings. Also is there a CPL compatible with it?

Amazing not, but it is quite good for a dashcam. Sadly i have reflection too and there are no accessories or cpl sold for this model right now, at least i haven't seen any.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Back