Review: CHUPAD D501 Wedge Dashcam, WiFi (NT96658+IMX322) (Gearbest)

Does anyone know of any audio adjustments on this dashcam. Mine is making this god awful humming noise in videos that is best described like a running washing machine in the background.

Does anyone know of any audio adjustments on this dashcam. Mine is making this god awful humming noise in videos that is best described like a running washing machine in the background.
Try it while powering with a USB charger in a wall outlet. Maybe your getting interference from something in your car.

Try it while powering with a USB charger in a wall outlet. Maybe your getting interference from something in your car.
well it was either that it needed to be on HDR or that it needed the specific charger it came with. I tested it this morning with the first one i had near me until i could spend the time to wire it up. Either way it's not doing it now but I need to see if there's a way to get the brightness down.

HDR shouldn't affect the audio, but you never know. Low quality chargers could definitely cause audio noise.

There is not EV adjustment?

HDR shouldn't affect the audio, but you never know. Low quality chargers could definitely cause audio noise.

There is not EV adjustment?

I haven't messed with the EV adjustment yet. Night time it's perfect! Day time is just a tad brighter than i'd prefer. I turned HDR off and no audio issue (FYI i don't know what HDR even stands for). Good to know that a low quality charger definitely effects the noise. It's a slight bummer too because the gS8000l's have extra length on their chargers. I plan on doing a side by side comparison soon so people can see what a $20 cam gets and what a $60ish cam can get. So far i'm very happy with the new cam though!

I haven't messed with the EV adjustment yet. Night time it's perfect! Day time is just a tad brighter than i'd prefer. I turned HDR off and no audio issue (FYI i don't know what HDR even stands for). Good to know that a low quality charger definitely effects the noise. It's a slight bummer too because the gS8000l's have extra length on their chargers. I plan on doing a side by side comparison soon so people can see what a $20 cam gets and what a $60ish cam can get. So far i'm very happy with the new cam though!
HDR = High Dynamic Range

ah gotcha. I'll have to keep testing it with both settings. Honestly so far though I love the cam. at full price I can see why it's a harder sell compared to the A119 but at $40-$50 it's perfect.

Have opened the Chupad month or two ago so let's post some pics here.

20170826_105246.jpg 20170826_105304.jpg 20170826_105337.jpg 20170826_105341.jpg 20170826_105502.jpg 20170826_105604.jpg 20170826_105434a.jpg 20170826_105548a.jpg 20170826_105628a.jpg

battery looks like it is swelling
Could be, I have started taking it out when temperatures are over 30C degrees, but still no issues have been observed at all. The only time it was when there was a sunshade put to reflect the sun and while starting the dascham screen was all white (shade was reflecting sun to the screen), but quickly got back to normal.

Still have decided to replace it with the Aukey DR-02 due to the super-capacitor design for the safety.

Could be, I have started taking it out when temperatures are over 30C degrees, but still no issues have been observed at all. The only time it was when there was a sunshade put to reflect the sun and while starting the dascham screen was all white (shade was reflecting sun to the screen), but quickly got back to normal.

Still have decided to replace it with the Aukey DR-02 due to the super-capacitor design for the safety.
yep definitely a swollen battery, have seen that before with some phones i've had with the internal batteries. better to run it in a cooler environment, or as you have done invest in a design with a capacitor.

i've had no issues with the D501 i have, mainly because it is in the back windscreen of my car right up the top, in line with the vehicle's tinting.

Battery can swell regardless of outside temperature. They heat themselves.
I have small drones that use similar batteries and they swell with few uses, even if I'm flying them in freezing cold.

Battery can swell regardless of outside temperature. They heat themselves.
I have small drones that use similar batteries and they swell with few uses, even if I'm flying them in freezing cold.
not good that they swell that easily :/

Has anyone increased the bitrate to 20mbps? If so, how did you do it? Is it possible to do it with a simple bin file in the root directory?

Back