Review: Dome D201 Ambarella A12 2560x1440p HDR GPS Dashcam (Gearbest.com)

hello my friends..

i have a problem with update 2228Y and 2243Y..

When I turn on the ignition, DVR starts up.

Then i start the engine, when the cigarette lighter power off and on, DVR shut down and not works if i dont turn on by power key.

P.S: sorry for my english.. if you dont understand anything i can record a video

Edit: how can i use edog function

Last edited:
hello my friends..

i have a problem with update 2228Y and 2243Y..

When I turn on the ignition, DVR starts up.

Then i start the engine, when the cigarette lighter power off and on, DVR shut down and not works if i dont turn on by power key.

P.S: sorry for my english.. if you dont understand anything i can record a video

Edit: how can i use edog function

Yes , it is only the new firmware so as to ' 2135 ' - this is no problem , there is a lack of exposure to the DVR power about 3 seconds.

Yes , it is only the new firmware so as to ' 2135 ' - this is no problem , there is a lack of exposure to the DVR power about 3 seconds.

hopefully soon dissolved.. it is very uncomfortable.. on the other hand i really like new firmware.. menu transactions are more quick.. night shots better but need improvements..

Good day to all. I can not update the firmware on the 2243 2135L :( after the update and reboot remains in 2135.
-
добрый день всем.
не могу обновить прошивку с 2135L на 2243 :(
после обновления и перезагрузки остаётся 2135.

Good day to all. I can not update the firmware on the 2243 2135L :( after the update and reboot remains in 2135.
-
добрый день всем.
не могу обновить прошивку с 2135L на 2243 :(
после обновления и перезагрузки остаётся 2135.

How to flash the DVR DOME D201: To throw the file extension .bin in the root of the USB drive and turn on the DVR . After following the instructions on the screen . After flashing DELETE this file from the card. IMPORTANT! When the firmware , make sure that the battery is charged or carry out the process with the connected power supply.

good evening.
all thanks.
I updated an insertion through directusb. now at me 2243 :)

How to flash the DVR DOME D201: To throw the file extension .bin in the root of the USB drive and turn on the DVR . After following the instructions on the screen . After flashing DELETE this file from the card. IMPORTANT! When the firmware , make sure that the battery is charged or carry out the process with the connected power supply.
Hi friend! Any firmware with mov video format, not mp4, exist? Can someone help me? Thanx.

Hi friend! Any firmware with mov video format, not mp4, exist? Can someone help me? Thanx.

This DVR uses mp4. Mp4 file you can convert on your computer in mov format using a converter .

This DVR uses mp4. Mp4 file you can convert on your computer in mov format using a converter .
Ok, thanx, but I know at first models the video format was mov. About firmware, in my opinion, the 2135 is more lighter like all others, with strong collors. How we can settings more lighter, contrast images from menu, I think the DVR support a lot of settings but now the tehnical support is very limitate(I have an Mobius too and the software is incomparable better and more options). And one more question. I see in some posts here bitrate very high with the news firmware. I try 2135, 2228 and 2243 but the bitrate is 14-15 Mbs on 1080p and 22-23 Mbs on 1440p. Howis possible? Thanx in advance. Respect.

Ok, thanx, but I know at first models the video format was mov. About firmware, in my opinion, the 2135 is more lighter like all others, with strong collors. How we can settings more lighter, contrast images from menu, I think the DVR support a lot of settings but now the tehnical support is very limitate(I have an Mobius too and the software is incomparable better and more options). And one more question. I see in some posts here bitrate very high with the news firmware. I try 2135, 2228 and 2243 but the bitrate is 14-15 Mbs on 1080p and 22-23 Mbs on 1440p. Howis possible? Thanx in advance. Respect.

Firmware " 2135 " , the video resolution 2560 * 1440 , HDR on, 30fps:

Безымянный.jpg

The modified firmware to contact:
Falsificator

Last edited:
View attachment 21158

Here's firmware 2135 high bitrate from Falsificator thanks to him !
Download:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2ALNf0PoOGKTXEtRGY4NExPeTg/view?usp=sharing
Ok, thanx again to you and to Falsificator. I try it tomorrow, on good light, until now I have just night films and rain days. I think the hi bitrate is influenced yo hi values by good light and more details on film or this is not important? I think that still images would look better if we could set the brightness higher. Any thoughts on this? Or hopefully the emergence of more complex firmware and user generous. Thanx again. Alex

View attachment 21158

Here's firmware 2135 high bitrate from Falsificator thanks to him !
Download:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2ALNf0PoOGKTXEtRGY4NExPeTg/view?usp=sharing
Thanx man, it work, I have now around 40Mbs bitrate, THANX AGAIN. Insist with a question: while a menu with more settings (an example in my country speed in the village is 50 kmph, the current menu allows settings than over 70kmph), mainly related to brightness, I think is a place of more settings. Who perfected this firmware? Respect for these people.

Anybody finding that their microSD card (standard/basic class 10) is having issues with firmware with the higher bit rate? I tried the one with a bitrate around 40 and the camera would record about a minute, then state some error about the card speed and stop. Recording would automatically start again, but same thing would happen. Firmware with the bitrates in the 20's are fine. Probably just need a faster card.

Anybody finding that their microSD card (standard/basic class 10) is having issues with firmware with the higher bit rate? I tried the one with a bitrate around 40 and the camera would record about a minute, then state some error about the card speed and stop. Recording would automatically start again, but same thing would happen. Firmware with the bitrates in the 20's are fine. Probably just need a faster card.

I use this card: Kingston Speed Class U3 works fast !
It works fast with any firmware , and high bitrate .

" bst_bld_sys_dsp_rom.elf " what is this file? what is that for?

and i use Samsung 64 GB Evo plus MicroSDXC Card Class 10 UHS Class 1 and for now i dont have any problem about high bitrate recording.. And also no problem about loop recording, auto stop while recording..

tr_MB-MC64DA-TR_005_Package-Front_white

Are you guys noticing any big differences with the higher bitrate?

Also, anyone know what's different with firmware 2287? Does it display speed in MPH?

Back