Review: Dome D201 Ambarella A12 2560x1440p HDR GPS Dashcam (Gearbest.com)

Hi, i just installed the camera and tested on the weekend.
All was working very well, but now I got a few question :
1) when I playback on my computer I don't see the GPS information, but I know it was working because I get the correct value for the speed, so is this normal ? did I miss a setting ?
2) Is possible to lower the sound for AWS ?? Line departure is fine , but collision alert is too loud and few time it warn for non existing car.
I have FW 2287.
Thanks

Not all player software will support the GPS info on the DAB201. Have you tried the Blackview player? It should have come with the dashcam, probably on the cameras internal memory. You can download it from Dome as well. Version 1.19 is the latest I think. I think the player video quality kinda sucks, but it will display the GPS info.
I think most people just disable those warning options. They don't work well and are annoying. I don't believe you can lower the volume. Just on or off. I'd have to double check though.

Hi Thanks,
no in my memory card I have a "Datakam Player", I will try to find the Blackview.
Yes I disabled those option :)

Thanks I was not able to find it , but I found in the forum a Datakam version for Mac and it works fine.
Thanks

guys,

does anyone have an issue with backlight turning on when D201 in parking mode and motion detection it turned on? Backligth timeout is set to 1min. During driving screen stays OFF, but when car is parked screen is turning on just after recording (triggered by motion detection) ends.

i am facing the same problem, does the new FW help?

Does the screen turn on when motion detection is triggered (to start recording)? Or is it only at the end?

Does the screen turn on when motion detection is triggered (to start recording)? Or is it only at the end?

below is the sequence

1) screen display off in parking mode
2) detects motion --> starts recording (display still off)
3) abt 5 seconds later the display will come on
4) no more motion detected -> stops recording -> display remains on

So screen never shuts off after it stops recording? I'd try another firmware version. What version do you have?

Try version 2287. The download link is available on this forum. Maybe in this thread, I can't remember. I've been using that version for a few weeks now and it seems fine. I don't use parking mode though. Let us know if that fixes it.

Default language will be Russian so make sure your familiar will the menu and know where to go to change language of choice.

I can send you version 2240 if you want to try that one. The speed will be in mph though. No kph option.

Back