Review:DOME GS98C

I have a 2 year old Navman that connects within 30 seconds.

Car GPS are a little different in how they work but anything more than a few minutes to get signal is not the expected result

I have a Samoon (or similar make) which connect within seconds, from undercover or clear air, so my comment was not a general one. This thread is to review the Dome GS98C, which I also had, so I am sharing my views on that model specifically. And yes, I agree it is a hardware fault if it takes several minutes to connect (if at all).

Whats the difference between Car GPS and any other GPS device ?

Im serious for the logic you provide and its my shout.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sitting here at over halfway to my destination 24 mins in and no GPS lock on

Sorry to tell you, but you probably won't get signal due to the hardware issue on the device. Look at this thread:
https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threa...me-gs98-ambarella-a7la70-chipset.9108/page-11

@GearBest will send you another gps module (from the GS90C I guess) as a replacement if you PM them your order number. That might solve your issues.

But it is strange to note that both you and I had GPS connection the first time or two we used the camera. After that it just seems to be impossible.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Joker........... Whats the difference between Car GPS and any other GPS device ?

Im serious for the logic you provide and its my shout.
Software is different, far more capable, much more processing power for forward error correction, they're generally more location specific which helps speed things up a lot also

Now that the camera has sat in the car with the car off I come back out of the store start the car and have an instant lock on.

Did it have a lock before switching the car off? How long was it switched off for?

Did it have a lock before switching the car off?
I'm not sure, but it is still a little troubling that I watched it for about 20 mins straight with no lock on before I stopped paying attation
How long was it switched off for?
The car was off for maybe 10 mins.

I saved the camera from the GPS module latch.
pasted it cable extend konsul the left side of the front windshield.
currently it connects more than 15 seconds at most. No problem, no problem with the camera. just can not connect to the GPS module in place and because of the angle.
I think so.

Turkish language:
GPS modülünü kamera mandalından ayırdım.
kablosunu uzatıp ön camın sol tarafına ön konsula yapıştırdım.
şu anda en fazla 15 saniye de bağlanıyor. hiç sorun yok, kamerada sorun yok. sadece gps modülü yerinden ve açısından dolayı bağlanamıyor.
böyle düşünüyorum.

may be someone have original videosamles from this dashcam???

may be someone have original videosamles from this dashcam???
I have taken some video yesterday or the day before, but there is a huge amount of glare. I'll see if I can find anything that seems decent and upload it on YouTube and GoogleDrive

I have been experimenting with some smaller mounts.
Using the ball joint the camera comes with and a 3M stick mount other then the chrome ring the camera is not to bad.
I am going to try to hunt down my regular G90 GPS and see if the two place nice together.

DXmr5zV.jpg

nXSUBvy.jpg

I am still working on getting some video up. Sorry about the wait just have a bit going on.

someone have original video samples from this dashcam???

Last edited:
Back