VIOFO A119 Mini 2 Review, 2k vs the 2592x1944 Big Difference

htpoint

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Just did the review of the VIOFO A119 Mini 2, I must say that the footage quality is excellent comparing the price point and what you are getting here definitely worth it.
But setting the camera to 2592x1944 at 30fps resolution you are able to see a big difference in quality I must say that sometimes the footage looks much better than some of the 4k cameras that I reviewed prior.

Let me know what you think, is it just me or the 2592x1944 resolution makes a big difference.

But overall the footage looks great day and night, especially at night even the U3000 doesn't look better.

At the higher resolution, each of your frames is getting well over twice the bitrate, so it should be an obvious improvement!

26Mb/s is actually a bit low for 60fps 2K, better to use 30fps even if not using the extra resolution. Many, in fact most 4K dashcams have lower bitrate than you are getting at the higher resolution, and the sensor has larger pixels than most 4K dashcams, thus less image noise, higher sensitivity in the dark, and higher dynamic range.

You shouldn't get clearer plates just from the extra resolution, since there should still be the same number of pixels per plate, the difference is that the image is bigger, a wider field of view, which can actually be quite important if it just catches something important at the side of the image that falls off the side of the narrower image.

Nice video :)

Back