Reviews needed

NewBrand

Reaction score
Country
India
Hi everyone,

We are here to collect some data in order to make a new brand of DashCam(of course, we have mentioned it in an earlier thread :) ). We were busy with the paper-works. Meanwhile, we a have a request to the members of this forum.
We have uploaded some videos to Youtube for your reference. We would love to get your valuable suggestions regarding the quality of the video, the improvements we should make, and whatever you find relevant. More videos will be uploaded.

This is the link to the channel : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsWqkq1-_ZMVzxn_AF2Ecpw?feature=watch

Thank You.

YouTube alters the video as part of the process, you'd do better to upload a raw data file from the camera if you want useful feedback

YouTube video dies not give actual / real result. Can you share raw video files.

you won't be able to upload them here but if you use a hosting site like www.mega.co.nz you can link to them here

For a moment I thought the 'media' button served the purpose. I will upload them on sendspace.com and provide the link.

For a moment I thought the 'media' button served the purpose. I will upload them on sendspace.com and provide the link.
No the media button only makes it easier to embed an already online video into your post. Same with the Image button. I think only images and PDF files are allowed to be directly uploaded to the forums.

No the media button only makes it easier to embed an already online video into your post. Same with the Image button. I think only images and PDF files are allowed to be directly uploaded to the forums.

Thank You for your info :)

http://dropbox.com is pretty decent as well.

I think I will have to try that, sendspace is not working as I expected. Thank You.

Video is 11878kbps (My G1W is 11875kbps)
Audio is 512kbps Mono

G1W style time stamp Easy to read although i would consider moving it to one side or the other instead of its placement now.

Things look okay at the red light, but as you pull out things start to look a little fuzzy. There are parts around the 1:09 mark where if i paused the video the blue and white sign would be a little fuzzy looking and at other pauses in the video it looked more clear. I'm sure a little bit of that has to do with it being night. Although some 1080P YouTube G1W night footage from different users looks slightly better then this raw file to me at least, but i have not had a chance to really check my own raw G1W night footage

a clean windscreen would go a long way to giving better results, as would driving without the high beam lights on
I thought i noticed the high beams on as the driver passed the truck or so.

The high beams were flashed and left on several times. In the US, he would be labeled as an aggressive driver, but they may have different standards there.

As for the video quality, the night time response seemed ok. Tried to read one of the truck's plate as it was being passed, but could only do so when there was relatively low movement and with light assist from behind. Daytime seemed good when still, but there seemed to be noticeable macro blocking when moving. If this were a $50 dashcam, I would ecstatic with the results. If it's $200, I would be disappointed.

KuoH

I thought i noticed the high beams on as the driver passed the truck or so.

If this were a $50 dashcam, I would ecstatic with the results. If it's $200, I would be disappointed.
I would have to test my own G1W raw footage before i made a better judgment, but from the G1W stuff i see from Russian users on YouTube the G1W looks better, and with the G1W being at about $52 this would have to come in around there to be worth much.

The high beams were flashed and left on several times. In the US, he would be labeled as an aggressive driver, but they may have different standards there.

The "aggressive" high beam flashing seems to be common in many countries.

You haven't seen anything until you've driven in Iraq. They make 3 or 4 lanes out of a 2 lane highway. Everyone is constantly honking and flashing their high beams. Most traffic lights were ignored or barely followed. This was when I was over there in 2003'ish. I had my own personal armed body guards (contracted Iraq guys) when outside the villa I was staying at outside of the green zone. One time the gridlock was so bad at an intersection down town, one of the guards got out of the SUV, fired a few shots up in the air. and peopled made a path for us to get through. That only got us so far and it was a big traffic jam a short ways down. The next solution was to drive down an alley beyond some buildings and the next thing I know we are off roading in mud following some train tracks. Man, I wish I had a DashCam back then! That was quite the adventure. (I was there for 4 weeks)

Part of my IT Support resume:
 Offered humanitarian aid to a war torn country and established satellite enabled wireless networks for
xxxxx personnel in Iraq and Bagdad in partnership with the xxxxxx

 Collaborated with a vendor to setup VOIP systems, ensuring proper routing and quality.

 Implemented a mobile printing operation at the xxxxxx of Baghdad, allowing access to online books.

 Managed equipment procurement, customs documentation, and code setup for each item; established
shipping channels for xxxx equipment and supplies delivered to Iraq, establishing a sales channel.

 Set up storage arrays; provided laptops, scanners, and a satellite dish for xxxxx Foundation.

Back