Panzer Platform

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
2024 Minimum Requirements: STARVIS 2 & HDR
This thread is started for @evad
These are the gentlemen behind the YouTube channel;

They are my favorite non-English speaking Dash Cam YouTube channel.
They have the best sample footage videos from all the latest brands, and models.
They have recently enabled English Closed Captions on their Viofo A229 Pro & A229 Plus full review, and it’s worth checking out, along with other dedicated sample footage.

Dawid, Pawel, and the team will be working on uploading future videos with English Closed Captions so consider subscribing to their channel to get info on the latest dash cams.
-Chuck

Hi @Panzer Platform - many thanks for your appreciation! Also, thank you for your inspiration regarding captions for our YT content. Much appreciated!

After a bit of research, it turned out that adding captions to YT videos is dead simple. Youtube algorithms are generating captions to videos automatically (simple speech-to-text recognition), however these captions are not published by YT by default. So in fact it's a matter of just manually publishing these captions for any given video in the YT Studio. Since then, YT allows video viewers choosing virtually any language and YT will translate captions on the fly for them. This is exactly what I did for our VIOFO A229 PRO/Plus review and couple other videos on the channel. Entered YT Studio, published auto-generated captions, job done.

Of course, there are some downsides of that approach. These auto-generated captions (in native language, ie. Polish) are not quite perfect and these imperfections are getting into automatic translations provided to viewers by YT. This is why you'll probably find English captions for these few aforementioned videos still not quite great.

However, we have - as a WR24.PL team - decided that we're going to spend a little extra time on polishing-off these auto-generated Polish captions for future review videos on the channel. This should make translations also a bit better for non-Polish-speakers.

---

On a side note, while I was researching captions subject yesterday, I found that there are a few online tools that generate captions for videos. However, the usual workflow requires exporting video, uploading to external service, AI-generating captions, downloading subtitles file and inserting it into video editor of choice.

But I came across a very useful tool which keeps subtitles workflow inside a video editor - as long as it's Premiere Pro, After Effects or Davinci Resolve. It's https://getkaps.com/ - apparently a Polish (!) startup, which developed appropriate software plugins for these apps. I'm working in Davinci Resolve, so I went to try this plugin and the results are awesome! Highly recommended! Here's the sample I have uploaded just today:

(btw, this video should also have relatively good auto-translated English captions)

@Vortex Radar

Google translate can indeed be hit or miss, but in general i find it much better than not being able to understand a word.

I have only been to Poland in the 70ties on a short trip from east Germany to see a particular nasty camp left by some nasty people.
Back then my brain had not yet discovered its liking for languages, so i cant even recall a single Polish word right here and now.

Hi @Panzer Platform - many thanks for your appreciation! Also, thank you for your inspiration regarding captions for our YT content. Much appreciated!

After a bit of research, it turned out that adding captions to YT videos is dead simple. Youtube algorithms are generating captions to videos automatically (simple speech-to-text recognition), however these captions are not published by YT by default. So in fact it's a matter of just manually publishing these captions for any given video in the YT Studio. Since then, YT allows video viewers choosing virtually any language and YT will translate captions on the fly for them. This is exactly what I did for our VIOFO A229 PRO/Plus review and couple other videos on the channel. Entered YT Studio, published auto-generated captions, job done.

Of course, there are some downsides of that approach. These auto-generated captions (in native language, ie. Polish) are not quite perfect and these imperfections are getting into automatic translations provided to viewers by YT. This is why you'll probably find English captions for these few aforementioned videos still not quite great.

However, we have - as a WR24.PL team - decided that we're going to spend a little extra time on polishing-off these auto-generated Polish captions for future review videos on the channel. This should make translations also a bit better for non-Polish-speakers.

---

On a side note, while I was researching captions subject yesterday, I found that there are a few online tools that generate captions for videos. However, the usual workflow requires exporting video, uploading to external service, AI-generating captions, downloading subtitles file and inserting it into video editor of choice.

But I came across a very useful tool which keeps subtitles workflow inside a video editor - as long as it's Premiere Pro, After Effects or Davinci Resolve. It's https://getkaps.com/ - apparently a Polish (!) startup, which developed appropriate software plugins for these apps. I'm working in Davinci Resolve, so I went to try this plugin and the results are awesome! Highly recommended! Here's the sample I have uploaded just today:

(btw, this video should also have relatively good auto-translated English captions)

@Vortex Radar
Have been watching your video for a good six months now and glad to see you on here, keep up the great work! :)

---

@Vortex Radar
This is great info, thanks for sharing, @evad! I've been wanting to explore some automated captioning options for Davinci Resolve. Having a plugin that stays within the editor workflow sounds super convenient.

Back