Rexing F9 2.7" LCD FHD 1080p Car DVR Blackbox DashCam Review -- Finally Retired after 2.5 years

_DSC2930-500x500.JPG

The design of F9 not changed.:oops:
When manufacturer gets enough requests, it'll change. :)
It's not too bad actually.
That silver lens barrel can be easily hidden with some tape or heat shrink tube but that's something for buyers to do if mfr doesn't do it.
It doesn't have other areas that are flashy.

Last edited:
that's not actually engraved (just the wrong terminology but I know what you meant), to do this would require a new mold, at the cost of tooling it's never going to happen on a public model product, printed on the back is fine, I don't think most would object, personally I don't like to print anything, the camera has a display and we can easily have our logo on there anyway
No need for new mold.
Just make a metal logo press and heat it and press on the housing to make an impression.
That'll do the job. That's what many department stores do on toys and electronics.
Same Chinese manufacturer, same product but stamped for different retailers with their version of model so they don't have to price match with other retailers selling the same product for cheap but since it's not the same 'so called' model, they don't have to.

Firmware can have logo but then there are firmware hackers who can remove them so I don't mind having brand logo on the hardware, just not screaming in your face. ;)

No need for new mold.
Just make a metal logo press and heat it and press on the housing to make an impression.
That'll do the job.

that will do a terrible job, not the way it's done

branding irons are for cattle, not plastics ;)

em... make sense, maybe i can try this way, only show logo when system boot up, and remove all other logos on device.

for North America you'll find more people will like the product without the printing on the front panel

Night video quality is very good.
It's decent when there is no light at all and is really good when there is some light whether it's from street or traffic lights.

Night VBR, fps and file size is same as daytime.

Rexing-F9-Filesize-bitrate-NIGHT.png

Here are some night screenshots:

Frame 2015.04.12 20-30-31 (0-00-26.770).jpg
Frame 2015.04.12 20-34-01 (0-03-56.039).jpg
Clear Walmart lighted area:
Frame 2015.04.12 20-35-27 (0-05-22.132).jpg
Frame 2015.04.12 21-10-31 (0-02-04.509).jpg
Frame 2015.04.12 21-13-31 (0-05-04.528).jpg
Frame 2015.04.12 21-13-52 (0-05-25.526).jpg

Nice!
Frame 2015.04.12 21-14-10 (0-05-43.947).jpg
Frame 2015.04.12 21-12-03 (0-03-36.410).jpg
Frame 2015.04.12 21-17-20 (0-08-53.924).jpg

Very impressed from the NT96650 chip with night video quality.

Last edited:
Video/image quality with low and high beam with no street lights:
Low beam:
Frame 2015.04.12 21-16-17 (0-07-50.039)-Lowbeam.jpg

High beam:
Frame 2015.04.12 21-16-17 (0-07-50.298)-Highbeam.jpg

************************************************************************************
************************************************************************************

Low beam:
Frame 2015.04.12 21-17-01 (0-08-34.539)-Lowbeam.jpg

High beam:
Frame 2015.04.12 21-16-59 (0-08-32.558)-Highbeam.jpg

Here are the night videos of the above screenshots:
Exposure @ +1/3.

Very good!

High beam vs low beam video starts around 1:45 in the video below:

Just want to comment on playing videos on the camera.
Press the Mode button (bottom right) to go to play mode with the blue triangle icon.
Here you can delete or protect a file but won't play.
In this mode, press Mic button to enter the file playback mode. The icon will change to video icon instead of blue triangle.
Then press the bottom right mode button again to play.

All black-vision will be much better!

Hi,
I recently bought a F9-GT camera from AliExpress.
2 channels camera with a rear camera
Is there a user manual in english ( actually only available in chinese ...)
Is there an external GPS module usable with this item?
Regards.
RB ( south of France)

Hi,
I recently bought a F9-GT camera from AliExpress.
2 channels camera with a rear camera
Is there a user manual in english ( actually only available in chinese ...)
Is there an external GPS module usable with this item?
Regards.
RB ( south of France)
You have the different version F9 from Aliexpress,we think! you can get seller for more help for this GPS module!

OK,

I have asked my seller ( Store : HANS BO / Seller : Andy Han ) a long time ago.
I haven't any answer to my question
It's a F9-GT / Firmware : RCI_20150127

I received an answer to day :
There's nothing available actually ( external GPS module)

Hi,
When using the adhesive mount, is it possible to turn the cam sideways, so that it doesn't point exactly perpendicular to the windshield?
Does it work with battery or capacitor?
It does not look that way from the pictures for either mount. Looks like the mount only goes back and forth. It is a nice and compact looking mount though .

The lighted buttons look interesting as well.

They only thing that puts me off slightly from what you have shown is the silver lens barrel and the reflective lettering.
Great write up though.

Sorry I didn't check the mount correctly before.
I used it today as a rear cam with sticky mount and realized it has rotatable mount.
It's not a ball joint but can rotate and locks with the click tab shown in the picture below.

Sticky mount moves back and forth as well as left to right so basically in any direction.

20150820_072414.jpg

I was wondering if anyone can tell me what temperatures this camera work in. I was thinking about buying one for my father, but where he lives it can go anywhere between -20 to -40 (celsius) in the winter. I couldn't find it in the specifications and there's no manual online either that I can find.

I was wondering if anyone can tell me what temperatures this camera work in. I was thinking about buying one for my father, but where he lives it can go anywhere between -20 to -40 (celsius) in the winter. I couldn't find it in the specifications and there's no manual online either that I can find.
We have no chance to test it,anyway,we do not think it can work between -20 to -40 degree celsius!

I've had quite a few dashcams in Denver winter and they all worked fine.
The temperature does go down to below 0 all the time but hardly ever below -25 celcius.
Even in the car parked outside in around 0 degree Fahrenheit (-17 celcius), they worked but I can't take any guarantee.
This F9 hasn't seen winter time yet.

Back