Rexing F9 2.7" LCD FHD 1080p Car DVR Blackbox DashCam Review -- Finally Retired after 2.5 years

Rexing F9 on rear window:
It depends upon the vehicle but it's so discrete that I don't even see it up close so I can fairly assume tailgaters don't see it either.
See who can see anything.

No flash:
20150826_192803-rexing-f9.jpg

with flash:
20150826_192812-rexing-f9.jpg

F9 clip as rear camera.
Nice evening light shining on the mountains...
No audio...

Hi,

Two questions...

What does the flashing symbol at the bottom right corner mean? And is there any updated firmware for this camera? Thanks for any help you may have for me!

Hi,

Two questions...

What does the flashing symbol at the bottom right corner mean? And is there any updated firmware for this camera? Thanks for any help you may have for me!
Flashing is just charging symbol.
No idea on firmware.

Flashing is just charging symbol.
No idea on firmware.

Thanks. It's been flashing since I got the dashcam almost two months ago. I thought it would be fully charged by now.

Thanks. It's been flashing since I got the dashcam almost two months ago. I thought it would be fully charged by now.
It'll flash when it's plugged in if you are talking about the small plug or lightening icon flashing.

It'll flash when it's plugged in if you are talking about the small plug or lightening icon flashing.

Yeah, it's the small plug and battery icon I'm referring to. The manual seem to imply that the icon means the battery is being charged, and I never saw the icon that indicates a full battery.

Yeah, it's the small plug and battery icon I'm referring to. The manual seem to imply that the icon means the battery is being charged, and I never saw the icon that indicates a full battery.
You can try plugging it in battery pack or home outlet with it turned off.
The LED status light should tell you when it's fully charged.

When charging while recording, it may never fully charge.

You can try plugging it in battery pack or home outlet with it turned off.
The LED status light should tell you when it's fully charged.

When charging while recording, it may never fully charge.

Thanks. I'll try to plug it in tomorrow while turned off. In the meantime, I operated the dashcam on battery power, and I got about 25 minutes of recording time. While on battery power, the icon changed into a battery. Interesting!

Thanks. I'll try to plug it in tomorrow while turned off. In the meantime, I operated the dashcam on battery power, and I got about 25 minutes of recording time. While on battery power, the icon changed into a battery. Interesting!
That's pretty long.
I didn't test this on battery but the most I got from any dashcam is around 8 minutes.

That's pretty long.
I didn't test this on battery but the most I got from any dashcam is around 8 minutes.

I left the dashcam plugged in at my office all day. The icon is still flashing, despite the full battery. It's probably a feature and not a bug

I left the dashcam plugged in at my office all day. The icon is still flashing, despite the full battery. It's probably a feature and not a bug
Yes, it could be just notifying power is plugged in.

One more video of F9 as a rear camera:

This is how it's mounted from the inside using 3M adhesive mount.
Supposed to be temp setup so didn't even route the cables but it's there since 6 months or more...

20151125_205409-rexing-f9-rear-camera-jpg.19129

Last edited:
Just wanted to confirm this one doesn't have GPS option.

I bought this unit from Amazon and returned it about two weeks later when it died completely.
When I first unboxed it the screen would flicker on and off a lot and I realized it just needed to be fully charged. When I did that it worked really really well for two weeks. Then one day, out of of no where it just went pretty much dead. The screen was slightly backlit (kinda purple) but nothing else would respond. I plugged it in again and took out the memory card so it could fully charge but it was no use, the unit died and I returned it to amazon. Too bad too because the image quality was nothing short of amazing.

Still using the Rexing F9 as my rear cam.
It has excellent daytime videos.
Colorado summer is green everywhere... from mountains to the vast plains...
Golden morning traffic:

Open cattle grazing lands...

Wow... I had this camera since March 2015, that's more than 2 years so that makes it the longest lasting camera in my vehicle.
Still working great and quality is still as good.

Back