Right Angle Connector

David McAllister

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ive just got my Mobius and am very happy with it. One thing Id like to do is tidy up the wiring a bit to make it discrete as possible. In some of the threads on mounting the Mobius, posters have used a right angle connector that allows you to get the writing up out of the way as it come out of the camera.

I have the Mobius mounted upside down on my windscreen so was looking to get my hands on one of these:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/151175954636
However there aren't any more being sold by this guy.

Can only one help me source one of these connectors and let me know if there are any compatibility issues?

Thanks in advance
Dave

Ive just got my Mobius and am very happy with it. One thing Id like to do is tidy up the wiring a bit to make it discrete as possible. In some of the threads on mounting the Mobius, posters have used a right angle connector that allows you to get the writing up out of the way as it come out of the camera.

I have the Mobius mounted upside down on my windscreen so was looking to get my hands on one of these:

Can only one help me source one of these connectors and let me know if there are any compatibility issues?

Thanks in advance
Dave

Using one cable with inbuilt 90deg plug is fine. Adding an additional connector to an existing cable is asking for trouble imho.

Mobius is very particular about its power supply. Anything less than 5V 1A will lead to premature demise of the LiPo or, possibly, the whole camera.

An additional link in the power supply introduces another source of potential connectivity problem, e.g. loose connection between plug & socket.

Aesthetics or reliability? Your choice.

Thanks in advance
Dave
Have you tried searching eBay for "mini usb 5 pin 90" or "mini usb angled" (without the quotes)?
Here's a seller from Irelend: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/150846787995. Oops, just noticed it's the same seller as you posted but he has more than 10 available!
Like russ331 has posted, you should, whenever possible, avoid any additional connections. If you have the skills it's much better to solder your own right-angled plug.

Last edited:
Thanks Isoprop/russ331, but Im pretty sure that connector is the incorrect orientation. So that the cable would be pointing downward rather than upward from the windscreen mount.

I guess that the alternative is simply a 3m cable with the right angle integrated. Time for some more ebay searching.....

If anyone has something like that please feel free to post it.

Thanks Byr0n, Looking at that one it would also be upside down (cable going down rather than up when the Mobius is mounted from the windscreen). However I think Ive found something very similar. Thanks for the help.

Thanks Byr0n, Looking at that one it would also be upside down (cable going down rather than up when the Mobius is mounted from the windscreen). However I think Ive found something very similar. Thanks for the help.

No it wouldn't it's correct, remember the Mobius is upside down when mounted in car

No it wouldn't it's correct, remember the Mobius is upside down when mounted in car

Yeah so with the heat sink mounted downward (ie upside down) on mine, the connector is the wrong way, hopefully this can be seen on the photo attached. Unless there are versions of the mobius with different orientation of the USB connector?

Attachments

• 2014-05-03-21.03.png
    2014-05-03-21.03.png
    605.7 KB · Views: 48
Yeah so with the heat sink mounted downward (ie upside down) on mine, the connector is the wrong way, hopefully this can be seen on the photo attached. Unless there are versions of the mobius with different orientation of the USB connector?

Apologies, this is what you want:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/151245915704
Annoying because seller doesn't ship to UK, although you can buy from here:

Perfect, thank you. Not sure what the problem is posting to the UK? I assume this is fine to use on the end of the approved 3m USB cable?

Yes, I use it on end of 4m cable

Your welcome :)

I was looking for a right-angle mini usb adapter for another camera, but all those on ebay had the adapter either going off to the right , or up , or down, none of which suited me.

Then I thought, "We're dealing with Chinese suppliers here." and entered a search for left-angle adapter... Hey Presto! :)

Back