Road Angel Halo Pro - Incorrect Date & Time

Mo79

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have the Road Angel Halo Pro front and rear cams, not yet hardwired in but the recording works fine and the footage very clear. However, the date and time are never correct. I've contacted the help team and have run everything they've advised including firmware update, toggling the time format from 12hr to 24 hr and vice versa on my mobile and I have also changed the date fornat but it doens't work. Although the date now seems okay but the time is always out. Any ideas please?

I have the Road Angel Halo Pro front and rear cams, not yet hardwired in but the recording works fine and the footage very clear. However, the date and time are never correct. I've contacted the help team and have run everything they've advised including firmware update, toggling the time format from 12hr to 24 hr and vice versa on my mobile and I have also changed the date fornat but it doens't work. Although the date now seems okay but the time is always out. Any ideas please?
IIRC - I’ve had this issue with a customers dashcam around a couple of months back.

Go into the in app settings select the time date function and toggle the gps time off and use manual/phone time - it automatically detects the phone time and uses that. Keep it on that setting it shouldn’t lose time providing it’s either charged or used regularly.

For some reason using gps time it never sets. Good camera however.

Thank you for suggesting this. I spent about half an hour last night looking for any settings relating to the GPS and I couldn't find any, even having looked through the instructions :confused:.The onlything I could find was as perthe attached.

Attachments

• SCREEN SHOT.png
    SCREEN SHOT.png
    224 KB · Views: 10
Thank you for suggesting this. I spent about half an hour last night looking for any settings relating to the GPS and I couldn't find any, even having looked through the instructions :confused:.The onlything I could find was as perthe attached.
Ah i do apologise I think it could have been on a blackvue we had the issue (I install quite a few brands - nextbase, road angel and blackvue usually several each week) so got my wires crossed.

I know we’ve had the issue before on one of the road angels however and updating/reseting has worked but there should be a manual clock set function somewhere as a fail safe.

I believe I have a road angel install coming up so I will check out the camera and app settings (I have the app however limited function without connecting).

If I find a solution before hand I will post.

Thank you so much as there is no way of changing any clocks on the app that I can find, only directly on my Iphone which is always correct. Fingers crossed

Back