Road Angel Halo Pro?

mpm235

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello everyone,
Does anyone have any experience of the Road Angel Halo Pro front and rear dash cams? Thinking of getting them for my next car. I've seen it has a Which Best Buy award thingy and Road Angel have always been big players in the speed camera detector market, so I'm thinking quality should be good. Thanks for any information, cheers, Mark

Can't say I've used that specific Road Angel setup before but they do seem to be a reputable brand. A couple members here probably have experience with them. Best thing might be searching older threads or asking if anyone wants to share their thoughts on picture/video quality, ease of use, etc.

That brand do not see very much action on this forum.

Hello everyone,
Does anyone have any experience of the Road Angel Halo Pro front and rear dash cams? Thinking of getting them for my next car. I've seen it has a Which Best Buy award thingy and Road Angel have always been big players in the speed camera detector market, so I'm thinking quality should be good. Thanks for any information, cheers, Mark
We've had it in my partners car for over a year.

We chose it because we didn't want a screen on the camera. It's alot more discreet and less distracting.

The only downside is the software isn't brilliant and takes a while to get used to it/understand it.

If you want to get footage off it you it's sometimes easier to removed the SD card that connect your phone to it, but with the v7 firmware update, it has improved.

Hello everyone,
Hi
Just seen this question, which I missed when doing my own research couple of months ago.
I bought RA Halo Pro 8 weeks ago, and hardwired it into my fiesta.
I don't want a dashcam screen while I'm driving, but you have the option of activating Live View on your phone within RA App - if instance if you are reversing - so I sometimes do that.
I have found the app to be functional, and allows me everything I need
You can set cam to automatically save all journeys to your phone gallery or Google drive, but I don't (now novelty's worn off!)
Should you want to save clips I've not had a problem downloading to phone, and have also done it the other way - putting SD card in laptop and viewing/saving them there.

The picture quality is good, as good as hoped for the price etc
When you save images/clips, you can zoom in and can establish all relevant number plates around front or rear (tho rear cam is slightly less resolution than main cam).

First thing i did was put maximum 128gb SD card in cam, and I've not yet looped to overwrite the old images, so you have plenty of time to save important clips.
The dashcams themselves are IMO great, not obtrusive, and have worked as expected.
Hope this was helpful

Back