Road Rage Van Driver STOPS in middle of M62 MOTORWAY

Tom Butler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Street Guardian SG9665GC v3 & Mobius (rear facing)
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/shocking-dash-cam-footage-shows-6657402

Shocking dash-cam footage shows the moment a road rage van driver stops in the middle of the M62 motorway.

The angry driver is seen twice cutting across a lorry with just inches to spare between the two vehicles.

After cutting in front of the lorry for a second time, the van brakes hard forcing the lorry to come to a complete halt in the middle lane.

The Manchester Evening News reports the incident took place near Junction 17 of the motorway, near Whitefield, Greater Manchester.

The footage shows the van driver gesticulating and sticking his head out of the window of his vehicle while shouting at the lorry driver.

Uncensored Vid:

He's getting sacked in the morning!

It's his own company, so probably not :p

Is it definitely his? The mobile will be probably turned off now anyway. Their website is down anyway - either way if it is a one man band they'll be getting banned from driving for that!

It doesn't have MoT either as that ran out a few weeks ago so he's definitely getting his pants pulled down shortly :eek:

Cowboy builder, if one was to judge by his driving skills he proberly cant even put up a drywall the right way :p

My lip reading skill aren't up to scratch I must admit, but when he stuck his head out of the window did the driver shout,

"Do you know who I am? I'm Ronnie Pickering!"

he should be banned from driving.

It is his own company. I saw this a couple of days ago on another forum. The guy has loads of bad remarks against him on various websites - cowboy builder, can fly off the handle in an instant, short-temperred, aggressive etc.
Someone did a search & this van comes back as a white transit with no MOT!

What I can't understand, though, is that the Greater manchester police are looking for the HGV driver - how can they not find him? The video is on YT - who put it there? Where did they get it from? surely all this can be traced back?
Or maybe, they want to have words so they can get hold of earlier footage - although a front cam won't show if the HGV cut the transit up first.

Probably need a eyewitness statement to give them a stronger case to prosecute.

am i the only one who was waiting for the hgv to crash into the van while the van driver had his head sticking out the window? that would have been great karma to have the side of his head bashed against the door frame by the impact.

also - narrow fov/zoomed video like this is hard to watch. made it look like he came up alongside teh van multiple times even though you can see the reflection of the front of the hgv in the back of the van, showing it nearly centered.

"The manager of APC Lofts in Salford, who did not want to be named for fears over his safety, said he was ‘appalled’ at the driving of one of his former joiners on the M62."

Or if I'm being cynical:

"The manager of APC Lofts in Salford, who was actually driving the van, did not want to be named for fears over his lies being exposed, claimed he was ‘appalled’ at his own, sorry, former employee's driving and has come out in the media claiming it was one of his former joiners on the M62 driving."

I dunno, could be a damage limitation excercise going on here.

"The manager of APC Lofts in Salford, who did not want to be named for fears over his safety, said he was ‘appalled’ at the driving of one of his former joiners on the M62."

Or if I'm being cynical:

"The manager of APC Lofts in Salford, who was actually driving the van, did not want to be named for fears over his lies being exposed, claimed he was ‘appalled’ at his own, sorry, former employee's driving and has come out in the media claiming it was one of his former joiners on the M62 driving."

Given that the business address appears to be a private residence the second scenario could be plausible.

Or if I'm being cynical:

Just noticed this on another forum & that was my thoughts.
He said: “It wasn’t me driving, it was one of my lads. His excuse was the lorry driver wouldn’t let him onto the motorway and he felt threatened. He's driving a transit that is patently able to outrun the hgv

“He said he was intimidated by the lorry driver who forced him onto the hard shoulder at one point. But we don't see any of this

“He felt his life was in danger and the lorry kept trying to swerve into him. He felt his life was in so much danger that he stopped his van in the middle of a very live motorway, he stuck his head out of the window & started screaming obscenities!

“It is no excuse and now he’s got no job just two months until Christmas. I’m appalled.” 2 months or 12 months to Xmas, the dickhead deserves a lifetime ban.

From the MEN website
"APC building and roofing is owned by Anthony Peter cairns (hence APC)
The driver was Anthony Peter Cairns.
Check on his Facebook account ,
How can he sack himself ,utter rubbish.
Anyone who says different are obviously trying to divert the grief off Mr cairns.
The police should confirm this
Think M.E.N should investigate this further"
His FB account would most likely have plenty of photos of the guy - shouldn't be too hard to see if they match the pic of the guy hanging out of the window.

Last edited:
Someone on reddit texted the number on the van and he said something about reading the whole story and how the truck was following him or something, so it's obviously not an employee.

His brother-in-law posted a few derisory comments. He confirmed that the guy who showed his face was most definitley the owner of the company.
He must be a real whoop at parties, being so well-liked by everyone !

"Salford, the scum of the Earth." That's a comment I once read in one of those Motorway Cops episodes that can be found on YT (this particular one showed the Police activity in Salford).

Back