Rotate / flip issue?!?

dirkzelf

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Hi, just got my JooVuu X, but the recorded video is always upside down.....

I record with buttons up, it sits upright on my dashboard.

How do I get the video to (auto?) flip in the right position?

I run fw jv-x_160124

Last edited:
I think the plan is to remove automatic flip of the footage, so you would have to select "flip footage or not" in the app.

I installed this FW yesterday, and then ran the orientation sensor calibration after that as i have dont thruout the testing perion and up untill this FW, and auto flip dont happen any more.

As i recall the "normal" side up for the x camera is with the buttons pointing down, so when you have the buttons facing up flip 180 need to be ON as i recall.
You can verify this with the app in the preview window of the app

I think the plan is to remove automatic flip of the footage, so you would have to select "flip footage or not" in the app.

I installed this FW yesterday, and then ran the orientation sensor calibration after that as i have dont thruout the testing perion and up untill this FW, and auto flip dont happen any more.

As i recall the "normal" side up for the x camera is with the buttons pointing down, so when you have the buttons facing up flip 180 need to be ON as i recall.
You can verify this with the app in the preview window of the app

Flip 180 ON or OFF makes no difference, it just keeps recording upside down.

I tried the orientation tool

(http://joovuu.com/community/index.php?thread/410-orientation-tool/)

but that didn't solve the issue for me either.

I have a supercap edition, and I think there's something wrong since it seems to not hold some changes I made, like licence plate etc.

What's weird also, in the manual there's the picture of the settings, and it appeares there's a seperate setting for WDR, but not in my APP (Android 0.112).

PS: can we change the supercap with the battery from the Mobius? I have one spare....

And then, can we ONLY change settings with our phone over wifi? No cable to PC app like with Mobius?

In my app and all the app i can remember back from testing there is just 1 place in the app for WDR, and thats ON or OFF.

When you run the calibration tool have the camera with the buttons facing down on the table.
Press update disk.
Select the drive letter for the camera.
Press start Gsensor.
X - Y and Z values alternating a little now appera.
Press revise Gsensor
Press start Gsensor.
Close the Gsensor tool.
Reboot camera ( power off / power on ) not sure if needed but i do that.

Yes it is freaky you cant just have the buttons facing up and then have the 2 options in the app be reverse, it only seem to work if camera is lying on table with buttons facing down.

I have flip 180 OFF in mode 1 and flip 180 ON in mode 2, and both have the footage the right side up ( mode 1 = buttons facing down as thats how camera is in my car, and mode 2 i have flip 180 On as i use the camera as action camera with buttons facing up )

If camera forget settings you might have a problem with the capasitor that hold the charge for the RCT, i am about to modify my #2 preproduction sample with a larger capasitor for RCT as it loose track of settings pretty quick.

My production sample camera have the Lipo battery so it have no problem keeping settings and time for a longer period.

This is a picture of the connections for the camera speaker and RCT capasitor, they are to the front of the PCB close to the lens.
xcamsolder1_big_thumb.jpg

In my app and all the app i can remember back from testing there is just 1 place in the app for WDR, and thats ON or OFF.

When you run the calibration tool have the camera with the buttons facing down on the table.
Press update disk.
Select the drive letter for the camera.
Press start Gsensor.
X - Y and Z values alternating a little now appera.
Press revise Gsensor
Press start Gsensor.
Close the Gsensor tool.
Reboot camera ( power off / power on ) not sure if needed but i do that.

Yes it is freaky you cant just have the buttons facing up and then have the 2 options in the app be reverse, it only seem to work if camera is lying on table with buttons facing down.

I have flip 180 OFF in mode 1 and flip 180 ON in mode 2, and both have the footage the right side up ( mode 1 = buttons facing down as thats how camera is in my car, and mode 2 i have flip 180 On as i use the camera as action camera with buttons facing up )

If camera forget settings you might have a problem with the capasitor that hold the charge for the RCT, i am about to modify my #2 preproduction sample with a larger capasitor for RCT as it loose track of settings pretty quick.

My production sample camera have the Lipo battery so it have no problem keeping settings and time for a longer period.

This is a picture of the connections for the camera speaker and RCT capasitor, they are to the front of the PCB close to the lens.
xcamsolder1_big_thumb.jpg

I can't set WDR ON or OFF anywhere...!

I have retried the tool, only now I did the last CLOSE GSENSOR (with buttons facing down, but when buttons up, the tool changes nothing.....) as well as you mentioned, I hadn't read that in the other thread, so now the auto flip works. Thanks!

I still have the error that the app stopped when trying to alter the exposure value. I use a Xiaomi Redmi Note 2 Prime with MIUI 7 (Android 5.0).

Any tips to fix that?

Thats wierd about the WDR, i have it just fine on my asus tablet ( allso lollipop 5.0.1 i think it is )

Just looked at my tablet, and i havent got the WDR either, i think thats just on by default now and so removed from the APP interface, if you look in the preview window in the information below the wvideo steam you can see WDR - ON.

Nice we got the upside down thing fixed :)

Right, checking here, yep it's ON!

still bugs me why the app stops when trying to alter exposure or WB....

Yeah the app crash trying to enter WB at the moment, worked fine before, and it dosent matter if you try it via the Joovuu icon on top of the main screen or go there from the preview section.
But i am sure a new APP is on its way, and for the casual user there is nothing to do in there anyway.

Yeah the app crash trying to enter WB at the moment, worked fine before, and it dosent matter if you try it via the Joovuu icon on top of the main screen or go there from the preview section.
But i am sure a new APP is on its way, and for the casual user there is nothing to do in there anyway.

I hope so about new app..... but, just to be sure, we're not casuals, are we? :cool:

:D

Not really :rolleyes: my brain doctor say my dashcam / camera in general addiction is not quite healthy, and if they knew i am recording our meetings they might freak out even more, but i have to dokument i am not given the help i ask for or for that matter need.
And thats important in this country today, cuz if i refuse help or treatment the till is closed and i have to go live in a cardbord box, or my little red car thats the same size as some cardbord boxes.
Me and many other is punching bags for differene goverment branches, the main goal is to save as many money, and then we come second or third.

Its me Vs all goverment branches here :mad: :D
Social workers = no go ( not used to be around ppl like that )
Doctors = no go and it have been so for all my life.
Brain doctors = given up on me, and rightfully so the pills they gave me never worked aside for the side effects of them, still talk to them once every month, but it dont give me anything, just a waste of taxpayer money.

Next stop a padded cell :confused:

Not really :rolleyes: my brain doctor say my dashcam / camera in general addiction is not quite healthy, and if they knew i am recording our meetings they might freak out even more, but i have to dokument i am not given the help i ask for or for that matter need.
And thats important in this country today, cuz if i refuse help or treatment the till is closed and i have to go live in a cardbord box, or my little red car thats the same size as some cardbord boxes.
Me and many other is punching bags for differene goverment branches, the main goal is to save as many money, and then we come second or third.

Its me Vs all goverment branches here :mad: :D
Social workers = no go ( not used to be around ppl like that )
Doctors = no go and it have been so for all my life.
Brain doctors = given up on me, and rightfully so the pills they gave me never worked aside for the side effects of them, still talk to them once every month, but it dont give me anything, just a waste of taxpayer money.

Next stop a padded cell :confused:

Wow.... You've got brain doctors over there? AND you get to see them every month?

Suweet!!!!!

If we want to get our brains checked, we need to see the local Oracle.....

@kamkar1 do you still have the gsensor orientation tool? I can't access the Joovuu community board, fatal error..... get that... haha, anyway, I'd like to reinstall the auto rotate, but it doesn't work anymore after flashing the 38mb fw.

I don't think so will have a rummage around on my hard drives later on.

Been over my hard drives and i don't have that tool.

Been over my hard drives and i don't have that tool.

Sorry to hear, but thanks for the effort!

Do you recall the name of the tool? Maybe I can find it somewhere online...

No i cant recall so had to browse thru all folders that might contain something interesting.

It is a Ambrella camera so maybe Ambrella orientation tool ?

tried that, guess what Google showed up.... :LOL::LOL::ROFLMAO:(y)

Schermopname (1754).png

I also tried gsensor, orientation tool but got nothing.

If anyone has any idea, or has the tool, please let me know.

OK, I'm officially a dumb@ss now.... I had a disconnected HDD with all my backups.... DUH... couldnt find the tool, now I'm a tool.... Anyway, I found the file called iPower.exe however no manual... but after clicking some icons I got my autorotate back....

Hi Dirkzelf, still have the tool lying ‘round?? I have all tools and most, if not all, firmware’s. It’s just this tool that I do not have.

Back