Rust on underwater housing

Same here. Git2, one dive - (lake, fresh water) - rust on the buttons.
Any idea where to get an aqua box for my Git2 that won't rust after one immersion in water?

Same here. Git2, one dive - (lake, fresh water) - rust on the buttons.
Any idea where to get an aqua box for my Git2 that won't rust after one immersion in water?
GoPro Hero 3 & 4 cases fit perfectly.

But there should not be rust on the buttons, I think they are aluminium and can't rust, and the springs are stainless, can you post a photo?

same here! rust after 4-5 times of underwater use! i always wash with fresh water!

I also notice a small crack on the black plastic (that plastic that has the rusted screws). Does this affect waterproof performance??? like getting water inside the case

But there should not be rust on the buttons, I think they are aluminium and can't rust, and the springs are stainless, can you post a photo?
Looks like I've missed your post - apologies for that. Picture attached. This was after two dives in a lake. No salt water.ALUMIZ3tr5U.jpg

P.S. The camera is really great and is worth every penny - if there's a sure way to get a box that won't rust I'll have no problem just buying it (without asking for a warranty replacement/repair). Got my camera from Gearbest.

do you know exactly what gorpro models' cases will fit? Thanks in advance
The 3 case is not good, needs to be a 3+ case, or Hero 4 case.

Looks like I've missed your post - apologies for that. Picture attached. This was after two dives in a lake. No salt water.View attachment 25625
It would be interesting to see if it gets worse with more use, it does still look like stainless steel so it may not get worse, not what you expect though...

The 3 case is not good, needs to be a 3+ case, or Hero 4 case.
hmm, that's really interesting cause i've found some cases that fit hero 3/3+/4 at the same time. i am confused.

hmm, that's really interesting cause i've found some cases that fit hero 3/3+/4 at the same time. i am confused.
From what has been posted before it looks like the buttons are not in quite the same place on the 3. I guess it is possible to make a case that works for all of them. I don't know the details though.

From what has been posted before it looks like the buttons are not in quite the same place on the 3. I guess it is possible to make a case that works for all of them. I don't know the details though.
well, thanks i will look for a hero 4.

I also have a problem with housing, propably factory defect.
I bought a camera 5 months ago and did not need to use housing before.
Yesterday I wanted to use it during the diving, fortunately noticed that housing is not properly screwed.
It seems that gitup has a poor quality control.
81c84c97e1214.jpg

Every case is tested under special equipment to ensure no water in, maybe some few case not assembled perfectly.
As we said before, if the case leaks and damaged the camera, we will offer warranty, most of other Chinese manufactures will not offer warranty for cameras with water in.

I think the side latch knob on the gitup case looks better than the flip-top gopro cases, honestly.
Definitely much better for my fingers and finger nails!

This is in mine.
Im sure that it is rush, yes its a litte, but the camera and the underwater housing are new.
I bought it three weeks ago, and this the first time in sea.

uc

uc

IMG_9928.JPG
425cd4e278ba9b97120752afac4bd91d.jpg
a0da032df997818477d3b0d8b2cfc30a.jpg
f43b75bd8aa28866bf02971ddd1e2107.jpg

aff97fe2ad08b6dc81a1c064631a11bd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The turning knob will break after 10-15 times in the water. Mine felt soft like butter when I tried to close the housing and it broke apart

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi,
Last weekend I used my git2 on beach( 30 or 40 minutes).
In my home , I clean the case using fresh water.
But today I see on a screw and on a button a few of rust.
Why happen this easily? It was my first immersion
How can I solve it?
thanks
No, clearly not stainless!

I have 2 of these cases and both mine are all stainless, I expect Gitup will be talking to his suppliers when he sees that...
https://www.facebook.com/groups/Git...=1508940252429066&notif_t=group_comment_reply

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
briefer Git2 3
H Git2 5
S Git2 25
G Git2 11
Caghan Git2 11
Back