Screen Display

busa2009

Reaction score
Country
United States
I am new to dash cams. I recently purchased and hardwired my A129 Pro Duo to my ram truck...I have a Question does the screen supposed to start up when i crank my truck up? Also, Does the screen suppose to stay on once im driving and recording?

Welcome to DCT @busa2009 :)

I don't have that cam, but almost all of them will show the display on start-up, and you can adjust how long it stays on in the menu under the 'screensaver' setting. As it's not doing anything useful (and can be illegal to have on while driving in some places) most of us have it set to turn off quickly as that lets the cam run a bit cooler. With our 'Southern Summer' nearly here, anything you can do to help keep the cam cool will improve your experiences with it.

Phil

Thanks I will give that a try

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, screen is supposed to turn on when you supply power to the camera, either directly from the USB cable or when the ACC becomes live in case of hard-wire.
Screen is then designed to turn off after a specific period of time, which you can choose in the menu (max 3 minutes). It is not possible to keep it on all the time if that's what you are asking.

Back