Screen Freeze on display

Sam77

Reaction score
Country
United States
hi, I have recently brought the A119 from Amazon and everything is working great until this afternoon when I pickup my car from garage. The unit Freeze on the VIOFO startup screen and will not go into camera. power off and on did not help resolve the problem. Is there a hard reset on this unit. I really like the dashcam, but what good if it only last a month of use.

I'm sorry to hear that. That worries me because I got mine two days ago. Did you try to contact the seller through Amazon directly? The seller I got mine from was spy tec through. I emailed him, and he got me to the appropriate person to get my issues resolved. The car charger with two USB port was dead on arrival for me. So I am currently trying to get mine replaced by corresponding with TJ of spy tec support. I'll keep tabs on this post to see how the outcome is.

Spytec is the seller and I will reach out to them. I really hope this is just a bad unit and not the reliable issue.

There is a reset button on the side if i remember right, but you might need a paperclip or something to reach thru the hole to press it.

Try booting up from a different power source like a smartphone charger or USB power bank/battery. Also try booting without an sd card.

Also you can try to flash the firmware to check it.
I believe SpyTec will offer good service to you, if not reply you on time please PM to me.

hi, I have recently brought the A119 from Amazon and everything is working great until this afternoon when I pickup my car from garage. The unit Freeze on the VIOFO startup screen and will not go into camera. power off and on did not help resolve the problem. Is there a hard reset on this unit. I really like the dashcam, but what good if it only last a month of use.
I had the same problem the first time I inserted a 64gb micro SD card which had been previously formatted on a PC using FAT32.
I reformatted the micro SD card on the PC again but this time using exFat format, inserted it back into the A119 and it sprung into life.

I had the same problem the first time I inserted a 64gb micro SD card which had been previously formatted on a PC using FAT32.
I reformatted the micro SD card on the PC again but this time using exFat format, inserted it back into the A119 and it sprung into life.

that's not unexpected really, our camera can do the same if you try formatting with a different application and the cluster size is incorrect, putting it back to defaults in a PC sorts things out so that the camera can see the card and then format it accordingly and you're good to go

I have contacted Spy Tech and waiting for them to get back to me. I will keep you guys update on the status.

I have been going back and forth with Spy Tech and they are telling me is the SD card and it is not format correctly. I have been using my 64gb micro SD card for a month without issue. if there are not replacing another unit. I will just get my refund and try another dash cam. This is more frustrating than I thought when dealing with this dealer.

I have been going back and forth with Spy Tech and they are telling me is the SD card and it is not format correctly. I have been using my 64gb micro SD card for a month without issue. if there are not replacing another unit. I will just get my refund and try another dash cam. This is more frustrating than I thought when dealing with this dealer.
Have you tried another card? Maybe test it with h2testw program.

Sound like SD card problem. I have a same problem with mini series because of SD card. Sometime, SD card is not failed in the first time but running few months then it's failed.

Back