SD Card for the Nextbase 522GW

Jay888

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello Guys,

New here and to Dash cams in general, but I have just purchased the 522GW as my first ever Dash Cam.

My question is what would be the recommended SD Card to use? I've seen mixed reviews and its understandable Nextbase recommend their own brand, but they are fairly expensive compared to the other on the market.

I was looking at the Sandisk one below( writes up to 90MB/s), as it meets the requirements, so can anyone help if this should be ok to use?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/B07FCMRBTM
Thanks!

My opinion is not use Sandisk with a Nextbase, they have been the subject of many failure posts here and they have failed Nextbase own testing.

If it was me, and I didn't want to pay Nextbase card prices, I'd go for a Samsung Evo Plus U3 Class 10, and, make sure you get it from a reputable supplier.

Then once it arrives test it with h2testw and Speedout 0.5. Even Amazon suffer from fake cards.

My opinion is not use Sandisk with a Nextbase, they have been the subject of many failure posts here and they have failed Nextbase own testing.

If it was me, and I didn't want to pay Nextbase card prices, I'd go for a Samsung Evo Plus U3 Class 10, and, make sure you get it from a reputable supplier.

Then once it arrives test it with h2testw and Speedout 0.5. Even Amazon suffer from fake cards.
Hello and Thank you for your response and info.

Part of me thinks it maybe worth paying more to save yourself the hassle in the future, so I'll have a think about it. I'll take a look at Samsung one also.

Would the 32gb Nextbase one be sufficient size wise? i think Nextbase recommend to format it every 2 weeks.

My 128Gb Samsung, not in a Nextbase, records about 10 hours at high bitrate, so you're looking at about 2 1/2 maybe 3 hours.

Just for info, my Samsung card has been in operation since Oct 2018 and is still going strong without error.

Last edited:
My 128Gb Samsung, not in a Nextbase, records about 10 hours at high bitrate, so you're looking at about 2 1/2 maybe 3 hours.

Just for info, my Samsung card has been in operation since Oct 2018 and is still going strong without error.
Thank you for the info.

Back