Sd card keeps corrupting?

mms1361

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have a problem accessing my files within the viofo app. Initially after formatting i can view the files within the viofo app. Sometime after, im assuming after it has filled the card and needs to overwrite it is when i think the problem occurs. After that, when i try to the view the files within the viofo app it shows no files at all. (the files are still all there, nothings missing, gets overwritten fine, i just cant access them within the dashcam). It just occured to me that this is possibly happening because there is an "error" reading the drive. It seems Everytime i re-insert my card into my pc after having it in the dashcam i am told theres an error with it and windows needs to scan the drive. I scan and fix the drive, i get a "no problems found" prompt and can then access the drive. I always format the card within the dash cam. It has been doing this problably since the first use of having the card. I ran and tested the card EVO using some software that was recommended on here and it showed good. I can retest again although i cant remember the name of the software.

Last edited:
What firmware do you use? I had exactly the same problem and it disapeared after i flashed newer firmware - it looked like the dashcam was corrupting the filesystem on SDcards(i assume at the power loss moment) and there was also an issue with Wifi connection (actually there are still some hiccups but at least you can get to the files via Viofo app).

Last edited:
Im on 1.1 now but its been an ongoing issue. Ive updated maybe 3 different versions. Everything has been an ongoing issue with this camera.

Back