SD cards

terence

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hi, has anybody used the sd cards that viofo supply themselves ,have been looking at their deals on the new a119v3.The price of their cards seem quite reasonable to me and they tell me they have a 12 month warranty .Appreciate any feed back .Also what are the thoughts on waiting before buying the latest model now or wait to see if there are any bugs to be ironed out ?

I have one:
y4mhO14cipI9XLAfbOTWpytlcUIGGATDxjx4jwr-b8Z-OZYX5G7Z9Sh1qYpq-N_C1F4zOH4Wkn9xTeDYh4kyNBMOvFgpqjiRTjJ8wBfrOKRukdo7M3-KxekL5B8LCny2z1dP0-lnh_TpAJytkcEp2SzhtU9g73PAcVT-hhVewFS4pHeCm9HaAu6TWoKTvoV2K0t

So far it has worked perfectly in my 4K A129 so an A119 V3 is not going to give it much of a challenge, and when I put it in a USB 3 card reader on my computer and run h2testw.exe it gives a perfectly steady:
Writing speed: 44.8 MByte/s​
Reading speed: 80.6 MByte/s​
H2testw v1.4​

Most of my cards are a bit variable in speed, especially the Samsung Evos, the Viofo seems to be designed for dashcams that need constant high speed.

Being MLC, it ought to last a long time, but it's hard to do a quick test on that!

Also what are the thoughts on waiting before buying the latest model now or wait to see if there are any bugs to be ironed out ?
Don't think there is any need to wait, Viofo normally get the hardware right before release, and bugs can be fixed through firmware updates, no worry about the firmware going backwards with Viofo.

I have one:
y4mhO14cipI9XLAfbOTWpytlcUIGGATDxjx4jwr-b8Z-OZYX5G7Z9Sh1qYpq-N_C1F4zOH4Wkn9xTeDYh4kyNBMOvFgpqjiRTjJ8wBfrOKRukdo7M3-KxekL5B8LCny2z1dP0-lnh_TpAJytkcEp2SzhtU9g73PAcVT-hhVewFS4pHeCm9HaAu6TWoKTvoV2K0t

So far it has worked perfectly in my 4K A129 so an A119 V3 is not going to give it much of a challenge, and when I put it in a USB 3 card reader on my computer and run h2testw.exe it gives a perfectly steady:
Writing speed: 44.8 MByte/s​
Reading speed: 80.6 MByte/s​
H2testw v1.4​

Most of my cards are a bit variable in speed, especially the Samsung Evos, the Viofo seems to be designed for dashcams that need constant high speed.

Being MLC, it ought to last a long time, but it's hard to do a quick test on that!

Don't think there is any need to wait, Viofo normally get the hardware right before release, and bugs can be fixed through firmware updates, no worry about the firmware going backwards with Viofo.
Ok thanks very much for the info .Speaking of firmware ,i left my a119 in the car i recently handed down to my grand daughter and her dad updated firmware from 3.4 to 4 trying to fix missing clips issues and it just gave up the ghost no power no pic. nothing at all

Ok thanks very for the info .Speaking of firmware ,i left my a119 in my car which i passed down to my granddaughter and her dad updated the firmware from 3.4 to 4 trying to fix missing clips issue and it gave up the ghost no power no pic nothing

Ok thanks very for the info .Speaking of firmware ,i left my a119 in my car which i passed down to my granddaughter and her dad updated the firmware from 3.4 to 4 trying to fix missing clips issue and it gave up the ghost no power no pic nothing
Unlikely the A119 is dead, try reloading the proper firmware properly. Might also need to reload the boot loader first.

Don't forget that after successfully loading firmware you should set the cam to default settings in the menu. After that, power down, reboot, the enter the settings you prefer. If you omit the 'default' step things sometimes go wonky.

Phil

Ok thanks maybe it best not to update in the first place

I'd do the update or at least reload the original firmware as a diagnostic step at the minimum. If it doesn't fix the cam it's only a few minutes time and effort lost so it's well worth trying.

Phil

Ok thanks maybe it best not to update in the first place
go here for a how to load your firmware then go into menu and select return to default in your settings... just make sure you have the correct firmware for your model from the Viofo.com global site

ok thanks for all the tips from everyone

Back