Seeking dashcam with external power and mic inputs

Involute

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi. I'm looking for a dashcam that accepts external power and has a mic input. The last time I asked about something like this here (a few years ago), the only recommendation was a Gitup Git2. I've been using that ever since, but it's become unreliable (while suffering from other problems since the start). Has anything else become available that meets those requirements (along with the basic dashcam features of turning on-recording-turning off with the power, and looping)? Thanks for any tips.

The mentioned 2 viofo cameras have a MIC in plug, at least as far as the A139 the external MIC did not bring any better audio recording, and the build in MIC have no problem picking up talk from where ever inside the car.

External MIC on driver side sunshade, internal MIC in camera in front of mirror.
The microphone. https://www.amazon.com/gp/B08VRT18RJ

The mentioned 2 viofo cameras have a MIC in plug, at least as far as the A139 the external MIC did not bring any better audio recording, and the build in MIC have no problem picking up talk from where ever inside the car.

External MIC on driver side sunshade, internal MIC in camera in front of mirror.

Thanks for the feedback. This is for use in a small plane where the ambient noise is so loud it will drown out conversation. An external mic input will allow me to patch the intercom into the camera, eliminating the ambient noise.

Aaaa yeah the plane thing i forgot about that.

Back