Dashcam Issue: Seeking Solutions and Troubleshooting Tips

EmilyJohnsons

Reaction score
Country
Thailand
Hello everyone. The dashcam on my used Tesla 2019 Model 3 SR+ wasn't working when I bought it. I've had the 500GB Samsung 7 SSD ever since, and I have it hooked into my vehicle. It informed me that it had been successfully formatted into an exFAT file. Dash cam is still not functional, even though sentry mode appears to be working now that I am receiving event notifications and can view the live footage on my phone through the app. It only states, "Check USB." I removed the SSD and formatted it to FAT32, but as soon as I format the vehicle again, it simply rewrites it to exFAT. I'm also not sure where the security event film disappeared to. I haven't found a place where I can watch that. Any suggestions in this case?

Can anyone please give me solution?
Hi EmilyJohnsons welcome to the forum.

I think the reason no one is helping you is because the Dashcams that are talked about on this site are mostly independent devices.

I've read a little about the Tesla Dashcam and found these points.
Exfat is the file format used
They recommend using the glove box usb port.
They suggest that in some regions the Dashcam may not be active.
They also suggest that some cars don't have the Dashcam option.
From their site:
Depending on market region, vehicle configuration, options purchased, and software version, your vehicle may not be equipped with Dashcam or the features may not operate exactly as described.

More info here

Back