Seems a bit scary :/

winter4w

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
G1WH
What would you do in this situation?

Don't know what I *would* have done, but he handled it right. Quick thinking was needed.

Sent from my tap-to-talk using Tapatalk

Wow, the lengths that people go to. He handled it very well. Hopefully he then reported it to the cops.

I would have definitely reported it to the police ASAP.

Not too long ago they were doing this on side streets in El Paso, TX. Usually trying to find lost tourists. Turn down the wrong street and you'd find it 'blocked', with some helpful locals willing to chat with you. :)

The youtube video reports the police were contacted and two people were 'detained' in this situation.

Another site has this info:

"UPDATE — November 6: Police have arrested two men in connection with the fake roadblock. Though their investigation is continuing, police currently believe the men never intended to rob or hurt anyone. New Jersey state troopers say that Kareem Walston, 37, of Orange and Hashen Clark, 36, from Jersey City, simply ran out of gas and chose a highly inappropriate way to flag down other drivers. Walston was arrested on drunk driving charge, and Clark was charged with hindering traffic.
Read more at http://www.inquisitr.com/1588871/roadblock-new-jersey-video/#8rJLXDeCRQHe0xv7.99 "

Drunk, and out of gas, and a few traffic cones were handy?

:)

I would have ran over that slender man.

Slender-Slender-Man.jpg

Actually, what happened is probably the best possible outcome. Nobody got hurt, the sleazebags were charged with various things, and the cam guy has a viral video.
:)

(No dents to fix on the car, spattery messes to clean up)

I believe they were trying to jack cars or something. If I was in this situation I would of probably did the same thing he did. Wait for the dude to go to the side of my car and just floor it. I would be long gone before he noticed what just happened ;) gotta love a V8 lol

Wait for the dude to go to the side of my car and just floor it. I would be long gone before he noticed what just happened ;) gotta love a V8 lol
That didn't sound at all like a V8. More like a 4 cylinder. And manual. ;)

Yeah, I remember this vid when it first surfaced......nearly two years ago o_O

Back