Senior citizen seeking advice on purchase

I suspect that this starts as "intoxication" & will eventually lead to "addiction":cool:
Should be a fun ride !
Yeah, pretty much like all other vices. :D

I ordered a spare Mobius cradle from Banggood on September 13. Then a sunvisor mount the next day. They both arrived today. 3 weeks from China* isn't bad.

I've just finished ordering this helmet mount today. It'll come in handy one day...

* correction - the packaging indicates they were sent from Malaysia.

I'd always had good experiences ordering from Banggood but my last one evolved into an unpleasant 5 month saga that finally ended in a PayPal dispute and one of the worst customer service experiences ever. Never heard so much BS in my life and was even provided with multiple "was shipped on" dates that were completely fictitious. This obviously isn't the place to go into all the details of the story but part of the problem is that they have a bad habit of offering goods for sale they don't have in stock. Haven't ordered anything since from them.

Last edited:
the problem is that they have a bad habit of offering goods for sale they don't have in stock.

yep, have had the exact same experience, I understand these things can happen but when they knowingly do it and still process express freight at a much higher rate many weeks after the purchase, that's annoying

I don't mind the 'mystery shipments from asia' so much, as long as the price is good, the stuff shows up in a reasonable amount of time, and it is what it's supposed to be.

I recently had a package from one supplier in China that had a tracking code, but the code just showed my the package was sitting in a country that normally wouldn't be enroute for a couple of weeks. :)

Not quite as bad as a small package I sent to a friend in Qatar. It was an xmas gift that should have arrived in time for xmas. Instead, it arrived back to me by the next thanksgiving.

I sure wish tracking worked, but all it showed was it sitting in miami for a few months, before 'vanishing'. I think it went on an island hopping tour of the Caribbean, maybe looking for Qatar?

What you get when ordering from China is a guarentee - in the context of "hurry up & wait" !!

Recently bought some accessories for my iPhone from China....took about 7 weeks to arrive.
That being said, I recognize that I live on the edge of the World (most easterly point in North America) and out in the Atlantic Ocean.

It's quite interesting that one can buy the "EXACT" same thing in North America at about 8 to 10 times the price.

BUT they "only" take about 2 weeks to arrive......

Last edited:
If I might - a few questions on the Mobius:

The one I ordered from Massive RC is Version 3. Anyone know what firmware might be on it ?

If that can't be determined at this point, can someone advise how I would find that info when I get the camera?

My interest in the firmware is linked to the choice of an SD card. I read in the manual (which I downloaded)
that I could use a SanDisk 64 GB as long as I'm running the correct version of the firmware.

Today I bought a SanDisk Ultra micro SDXC UHS-1 with adapter plus a USB reader enclosed for a very
good price at our local Costco store - I can return it (unopened) if this is not suitable.....

Another question about firmware - should one "always" update to the latest firmware ? or, alternately,
how does one know which is the best version to use ?

TIA = Roger

If I might - a few questions on the Mobius:

When you connect Mobius to PC & run mSetup, it will show you which firmware is installed. The latest is v2.41 & there's no reason to avoid it.

SanDisk cards are generally not recommended for use with any brand of dashcam, though quite a few people, including me, have used SanDisk cards with Mobius with no problems.

The recommended card for use with Mobius is Kingston Class 4. I've used Kingston, Lexar, Samsung, SanDisk & unbranded cards with no problems. I'm currently using Kingston cards in both of my Mobius cams ... Class 4 in one & Class 10 in the other.

My firmware is up to date & I'm currently using a Lexar 128GB class 10 card & not had any problems.
I've got the settings cranked up to highest & getting well over 18 hours' of footage! (Files start on 5th Oct at 13:50, ending on 7th Oct at 17:40)
Properties of each file shows...
length 00:03:01
1920 x 1080
Data rate 17692kbps
total bitrate 18204kbps
30fps
Audio 512 kbps

Size of file is 395MB

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D What Should I Buy? 1