Separate folders for each day of recording?

earlybirdDash

Reaction score
Country
United States
I guess this thread is more so addressed to Street Guardian themselves...

I'm a long time G1W user and just recently switched to the SG9665GC, and so far the night-time quality has made it worth the price. Overall, I'm getting used to the switch, but I do miss a couple things about my G1W that don't seem to exist with the SG9665GC.

I may have a minority opinion on this, but will there ever be a firmware update that changes the way the SG9665GC saves files to the SD card. On my G1W, it would create a folder for each new day, and conversely, with the SG9665GC, it just saves all the clips from from every single day in one large batch. I found it much easier to sift through clips when they were batched together by the day. Has this been addressed before, and if so, can something like this be changed? Again, not even sure if it's worth the change if I'm the only who cares about it, but I was just curious to see if it could possibly be changed in the future if warranted.

Another small thing I was wondering is if there is any function within the menu that will allow me to leave the camera running for 1-minute after I turn off my car. With my G1W, I could set it to record for a short period of time even after the ignition was turned off, and I didn't seem to find anything within the menus of the SG9665GC that would allow me to do that. Am I missing something, or does this simply not exist?

Overall, these aren't deal breakers for me, as I'm really enjoying the camera overall, but I just wanted to share my inquiries with anyone who might be able to answer.

to continue running after key off would require power, a simple timer could be added to the circuit you are powered from if you wanted to do that, some details in this thread on the ways that can be done https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threa...lay-shutdown-circuit.12845/page-2#post-167750

separate folders for each day is not something we support and not in the pipeline, our file naming convention does include the date and time though so not hard to manage

As pier28 say registrator viewer bundle up your drives for each driving session, and it do so on its own.
And if you have entered the 1000 ms overlap there is in recordings made by the SG9665GC then registrator viewer will allso remove those for you.
And then its just 1 click to save a driving session and get a nice seamless output file, but it take a fjew cliks more if you allso want to wipe the GPS information and audio from the output file.

And registraator viewer deal with the raw format of the material so nothing in regard to IQ get changed in any way.

FWIW the file naming convention of my G1W-H cameras were my least favorite feature. Well, that and the fact that it would refuse to record if it got hotter than 95F or so.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
WestTx SG9665GC 2
Damn Dirty Ape SG9665GC 9
Back