SG9663DC - 6 Meter Cable not long enough? Optional New 6.5 Meter cable coming soon (90 degree mini USB plug on BOTH ends)

Are there any options for >6.5m to the rear camera? I have a Mercedes Sprinter van 144" wheelbase and likely need closer to 10m.
Thanks

7m (edit: 8m) is the max technical limit I think.

You would be better off with the new SG9663DR (not yet released) where both cameras are remote long 6/6.5 meter cables and you could keep the main DVR in the center.

Last edited:
Reactions: bwd
7m is the max technical limit I think.

You would be better off with the new SG9663DR (not yet released) where both cameras are remote long 6/6.5 meter cables and you could keep the main DVR in the center.

What's the ETA for this cam? I'm starting to think about a new camera as my current SG9665GC is experiencing the focus shift problems that others have reported. Would be interested is learning more about the specs and other info for the SG9663DR.

What's the ETA for this cam? I'm starting to think about a new camera as my current SG9665GC is experiencing the focus shift problems that others have reported. Would be interested is learning more about the specs and other info for the SG9663DR.

was due already has been delayed a bit while we were sorting out some things that needed improving, we also needed to sort some firmware issues for the DC which took priority, will be back on the DR project soon and hope to have beta test units out before the end of the year

was due already has been delayed a bit while we were sorting out some things that needed improving, we also needed to sort some firmware issues for the DC which took priority, will be back on the DR project soon and hope to have beta test units out before the end of the year

Thanks! Sounds interesting. Looking forward to learning more about it.

form factor obviously differs but hardware wise it's very similar to the DC so what we're doing there will mostly translate to the DR model as well

If I understand correctly, you've taken some steps in your recent models to eliminate the out-of-focus issues seen in the earlier GC cams, yes? MY GC doesn't owe me anything at this point but focus has slowly deteriorated especially on the left side of the image. I might be able to repair it but I think it's time for a new cam. If it is anywhere as reliable as the GC I'll be happy.

we've changed lens suppliers since the version you have, lots of other things have changed also, always looking for incremental improvements wherever possible

we've changed lens suppliers since the version you have, lots of other things have changed also, always looking for incremental improvements wherever possible

Great! I'll wait 'til there's some more info about the cam and its availability.

yeah best to wait until it's out for a bit in case we need to do some further fine tuning, I'm sure you're well covered for cameras in the mean time

I do have numerous questions but I'll be patient and ask them in a more appropriate thread. Thanks!

Edit: Yeah, I guess I can manage for the time being with the cameras I have on hand. :smuggrin:

I used the 6.5M cable using the low route (longer but easier routing) on my C-class...it was pretty much the exact fit...if the run was any longer, it would be too short...so if your car is bigger than a C-class...take the upper route.

Back