SG9663DC Rear Camera footage with Factory Tinted Rear Screen

yes it's stable, if you have registered your warranty online we'll have your email address, we're looking at adding firmware update notifications to the list but not something we've started as yet

yes it's stable, if you have registered your warranty online we'll have your email address, we're looking at adding firmware update notifications to the list but not something we've started as yet

Hello yes I have registered my warranty, think that was what was mentioned last time I asked, hopefully this is something that you guys move forward with. Or even better do you think FW updates will ever come over the air with the WiFi capabilities and auto update or is this asking a bit much?

Hi.. I have finally tried the cam in traffic and then checked videos.. it seems like there are some weird artifacts in rear camera during night

I have factory fitted tinted glass so its quite dark, plus there was not much light in this place so I dont expect any high quality. But on the second video there is light and it should be better, but its actually even worse. There are some weird white dots hanging around. They cant be seen much in the image, but check videos and you will notice them.. Basically video quality is very very low if its like that....

rear_night.jpg rear_night_2.jpg

(go full screen)

(go full screen)

Here is front from same spot and its ok

front_night.jpg

Also during day it was quite ok

rear_day.jpg

Is there anything I can do to remove them? Maybe firmware update? Quality and bitrate are set to highest possible
I removed the protection foil from lense and there is no CPL.. Could it be cause by cable?

I noticed that later on the video gets better but these white dots still appear in dark areas so if its possible I would like them to get removed somehow

DCPRO190315V1.10

I also noticed now when I went to check firmware that cable from rear cam was not completely plugged in to front camera.. it was maybe 1 or 2 mm outside so I am wondering if that could cause it

Nothing unusual I can see on mobile phone playback. Can you make a screenshot and point with arrows to the exact "white dots".

DCPRO190315V1.10

I also noticed now when I went to check firmware that cable from rear cam was not completely plugged in to front camera.. it was maybe 1 or 2 mm outside so I am wondering if that could cause it
yes that could cause that problem, please check it again, the result is not normal, there is newer firmware with higher bitrate but that's not the problem you have right now

I will update the firmware once phone app is out anyway.
Will try to check the video with cable properly plugged in this night or maybe tmrw.. I will see when I have time

I will update the firmware once phone app is out anyway.
Will try to check the video with cable properly plugged in this night or maybe tmrw.. I will see when I have time
yes firmware will need to be updated once the app is released, soon

if you still get the same result try the other cable and see if the result changes, if still an issue let us know

so I put cable all the way in and got some video... but no change. There are still weird white artifacts in dark and they remain even when there is light, just less of course.. I will try to use another cable just directly through car and update the firmware and lets see what happens

Check the video in fullscreen.. it goes from dark, through places with lights and to main road

I tried second cable from package but its still the same... A bit less visible as there is more light at this place but basically no change.

I will update to DCPRO190912V1.15 which you posted today and try again. Btw, is that the one which will work with app or will there be new (not beta) one later? Was the app for android already approved?

yes V1.15 will work with the app, if still a problem with the rear camera we'll need to replace the rear camera for you

ok, @niko will look after you, one last thing you should probably try is to just test the camera behind a window that isn't tinted to make sure it isn't related, if still the same though then it will need replacing and Niko will look after that

so here is not very good quality of tinted vs not tinted as I was moving the camera but you can see artifacts on all dark spots.. in general there are less of them as parking is under street lamp but they are visible

if you pause at 0:02 there is black plastic under window which is covered by white artifacts, plus those can be seen in shadows too..... then when I move camera to tinted glass, everything gets darker of course so artifacts are everywhere

Back