SG9663DCPRO and F-150 Remote Start Issue

Ok, so I brought my truck to the dealer today for another small issue and had them check the battery with a load test. They indeed found the battery needed to be replaced (was under warranty) which should hopefully solve the issue.

HOWEVER, now this is really concerning.

I have never had a battery issue in any vehicle. I installed the SG9663DCPRO in (3) vehicles in the summer of 2019. All are on the hardwire kit and set to a 12.2v cutoff.

In that very short amount of time I've had the cameras, I've had to replace ALL THREE BATTERIES. This seems to be more than just a coincidence.

2011 Jeep Wrangler. New battery installed in 2018. Battery failed load test 6 months after installing the dashcam with hardwire kit. Luckily battery was covered under warranty.
2017 Nissan Armada. Factory battery. Came back from a trip in February of 2020 (before lockdowns) and battery was dead after a week. Dealer tested and confirmed it failed the load test and replaced it.
2019 Ford F-150. Just had to replace the battery due to failure of load test.

If it were a single vehicle, I could wave it off. But now it is across all 3 vehicles? In over 30 years of driving I've never had to do anything other than an occasional routine battery replacement (generally after 6-7 years). Now I've replaced 3 batteries, each under 2 years old at the time, and the only common factor is the camera and hardwire kit.

I can't be the only one with this issue.

And of note the cameras did indeed shut off in the allocated time or before draining the battery.

using parking mode as a daily event will shorten the life of your vehicle battery, if it's a lead acid battery 2 years is not unusual, that's a cost to factor in when using parking mode, an AGM, or Lithium battery will last longer but they also cost a lot more, same applies with any system when using parking mode off the vehicle battery, vehicle starting batteries are all about CCA (cold cranking amps), they have a heavy load capacity for a very short duration and then get charged back up and maintain their voltage

using parking mode as a daily event will shorten the life of your vehicle battery, if it's a lead acid battery 2 years is not unusual, that's a cost to factor in when using parking mode, an AGM, or Lithium battery will last longer but they also cost a lot more, same applies with any system when using parking mode off the vehicle battery, vehicle starting batteries are all about CCA (cold cranking amps), they have a heavy load capacity for a very short duration and then get charged back up and maintain their voltage
Well, wish I had read about this a bit more beforehand as it would save me a LOT of headache.

What do you recommend for an alternative battery supply? I've read about a few of them in these threads, but would like to get one already tested by Street Guardian for compatibility.

Well, wish I had read about this a bit more beforehand as it would save me a LOT of headache.

What do you recommend for an alternative battery supply? I've read about a few of them in these threads, but would like to get one already tested by Street Guardian for compatibility.
Cellink Neo is a reliable product that is compatible using their 3 wire output cable to connect to our 3 wire parking mode power supply, we are looking at offering a similar product but that is still being tested, not available as yet

Cellink Neo is a reliable product that is compatible using their 3 wire output cable to connect to our 3 wire parking mode power supply, we are looking at offering a similar product but that is still being tested, not available as yet
So if I order with the 3-wire unspliced adapter that should take care of compatibility?

offering a similar product

Guess it had to come sooner or later, more and more will probably need something like that as cars get smarter and smarter,,,,,, and more and more people also wanting extended parking guard.

Back