jokiin

jokiin

Manufacturer
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Dash Cam
Too many ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I think we had another report of no live view on the iPhone X, other models haven't been an issue for this, not sure what's different about the X, I'll check with our app developer and see if he's had any progress on this

amdpowered

Reaction score
Country
United States
Any update on a new firmware release? Looking forward to the long press on alert button to turn off unit.

kamkar

Reaction score
Country
Denmark
Dash Cam
10 years, many dashcams
I have a feeling there will be a official release firmware soon.
If you have registered for the extra 1 year of warranty, and put in your email you should get notified when there is a new firmware.

Also AMD powered (y)

kamkar

Reaction score
Country
Denmark
Dash Cam
10 years, many dashcams
And i can confirm the awaited long press remote button to turn off the dashcam is there and functioning well. :cool:

Street Guardian USA

Retailer
Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
StreetGuardian.CAM Amazon.com
Latest remote key button press options:

Short Press = Emergency File (Saves current video clip + either the one before or after into the RO folder)

Long press 3 seconds turns wifi on/off (Button flashes when recording, but will turn solid red once WiFi is on and broadcasting)

Long press 10 seconds to power off the whole system. (System will turn back on after the next engine/accessory startup sequence)

Gibson99

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Yes
Was there a fix in this version for missing overlay text in recordings? I'm still seeing it (technically NOT seeing it) at random. Will install this firmware regardless, but was curious about it. Files are still being named correctly, they're just missing the text and SG logo across the bottom, both front & rear.

OP
jokiin

jokiin

Manufacturer
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Dash Cam
Too many ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
you only seeing that problem if it happens from when the camera first starts recording, ie; it doesn't lose them half way through at any time?

Gibson99

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Yes
you only seeing that problem if it happens from when the camera first starts recording, ie; it doesn't lose them half way through at any time?
So far I've only found them in lock files where I pushed the button, which basically never happens right after starting the car. Unfortunately by the time I find them, the non-lock files from that time have already cycled out. Tomorrow I should have some free time to go through clips again to see if I can find one where it started, to see if there's some sort of trigger, or how long it stayed missing.

OP
jokiin

jokiin

Manufacturer
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Dash Cam
Too many ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
So far I've only found them in lock files where I pushed the button, which basically never happens right after starting the car. Unfortunately by the time I find them, the non-lock files from that time have already cycled out. Tomorrow I should have some free time to go through clips again to see if I can find one where it started, to see if there's some sort of trigger, or how long it stayed missing.
maybe something with the lock process then, there was a change in the process in V1.12 so will need to see if that's still the case, if it's repeatable it's easier to fix