SG9663DR update

The Danish property tax i think are about 5% of the value of your house, beside that is a tax on the piece of land your house sit on.
Here if you go out in the rural areas you can get a okay house for 1 mill DKkr, same house within city limits of a major town will probably be 2 if not 3 mill, and even more if its in a high value area.
And this is of course just 1 of many taxes a Dane have to relate to, but at least so far no tax on breathing or walking, but i better not mention that too often to give some people ideas.

So in total a 2 mill DKkr house will cost you 1800 USD every year just on the house, add to that the tax on the land ( about the same i recon ) tax on the power and water you use + tax on waste water / sewage ASO
And get up there quite fast.
It is not for anything Denmark have some of the worlds highest taxes,,,,,, or maybe it is for nothing cuz i have seen the world and many countries have pretty much the same as Denmark have, so a lot i don't understand here.

This house in a little town called Thorsø will set you back 1 mill. ( 144.000 USD )
Build: 1928
Size: 124 SqM ( about 1350 Sqfeet )
Property size: 591 SqM
3 floors 75 Sqm basement ( not residential )

Down payment 50.000 DKkr ( 7200 USD )
Monthly expenses ( just tax ones related to house not power ASO ) 1700 DKkr ( 250 USD )
Netto 3400 DKkr ( 492 USD ) a month to live in, but i don't think that's including the payments to a mortgage - insurance - maintenance ASO, so 3400 + 1700 + heating - water - power = xxxx DKkr/mo

customsize.jpg

customsize.jpg

customsize.jpg

customsize.jpg

It is actually cheaper than what i pay in rent for my apartment, but then come mortgage payments ASO and then suddenly its 2 - 3 X of that i pay in my apartment.

Another big + for a guy like me is in Thorsø they have fiber internet, so gigabit no problem.

Actually there's a fairly large number of folks in the US doing homes which "the bank can't take away" but it's not always an easy process, and in some places it's impossible because standard building codes do not allow for any kind of non-standard construction, no matter how good it might be :( Many of those same people are also going to 'off-grid' electric power for similar reasons. In many poorer places, coastal fishermen live in flimsy shacks rather than storm-resistant homes because it's easier and better for them to move inland to safety while the storm does it's damage, then throw another shack together cheaply and quickly when it's over. It's a different approach to the problem but entirely equal in the results obtained ;) While I'm all for storm-resistant housing, when you make it a requirement you're automatically excluding those who cannot afford to build such structures, and you end up not having the lower-paid people normally required for the more menial jobs like stores, restaurants, lawn care, and building construction which makes the situation even worse and less sustainable in the end. Everything in life is a compromise of sorts but there's almost always some way to make things work out if you allow for that.

There's a huge 'gentrification' going on here locally and it's causing the loss of most of the lower-class neighborhoods which most of the people here lived in. It's become nearly impossible for local small businesses to find the staffing they need to keep their doors open now, something of a self-fulfilling prophecy which will in the end become like Detroit has become: an urban ghost town falling down with neglect where nobody wants to live and where once valuable property has become worthless. Homes without people in them are a waste, and at some point all of Florida, Southern California,New York City, and other places where nature itself does not make sustaining their dense populations easy are all going to turn to dust because we haven't learned that even though we can build against nature's ravages we still have to live with it because we can't change it, nor should we. We like to think of ourselves as an intelligent species but the longer I live the more I wonder about that premise :rolleyes: Living with nature instead of trying to beat it into submision has worked rather well for our entire history but that seems to be a forgotten lesson these days. Enjoy it while you can- just don't expect it to last forever because nothing mankind can do is capable of doing that unless we're living with our world instead of fighting it.

Phil

1. Coastal cities get walloped by Hurricanes so even well constructed homes are houses made of twigs. Especially if 200 MPH winds and torrential rains come rolling through. I've been in a Cat 3 Hurricane before and witnessed the damaged. Older homes are obviously more susceptible and those not made of brick. But roofs get blown off, trees fall, and windows blown out no matter what type of construction.

2. Was in SC a few months ago to visit a friend. Hadn't been there in over a decade. The building boom there is crazy. Trees getting ripped down left and right and new structures put up. All cities got their "Ghetto's", "Gentrified Areas", Middle Class, and Rich parts. Problem with gentrification is you simply push the Ghetto out to another place and a new Ghetto forms.

Parts of Detroit are still in tatters from the race riots in the 1960s. And other areas are just straight war zone in appearance because they're located in the hood. However, downtown Detroit is definitely undergoing a gentrification. The 2008 recession killed a lot of cities, but up until coronavirus, real estate was was on the mend and going for high dollar. Properties sold quicker than they could be listed.

Now of course, I would guess most countries are headed for a hardcore recession since industry is straight shuttered and people are out of work.

I remember visiting DDR when i was a kid, many houses still had bullet holes in them from WW2

Lets hope production ASO can pick up as fast as the virus arrived.
Danes savings are still thru the roof ( in banks where it only generate little interest ) the people in power have wet dreams of what they could do with all the extra taxes if the Danes only spend a little of their savings.

I remember visiting DDR when i was a kid, many houses still had bullet holes in them from WW2

Lets hope production ASO can pick up as fast as the virus arrived.
Danes savings are still thru the roof ( in banks where it only generate little interest ) the people in power have wet dreams of what they could do with all the extra taxes if the Danes only spend a little of their savings.

They still find unexploded bombs from WW2 when digging tunnels, rails, tram lines, etc in Europe. The Blitzkrieg littered explosives everywhere.

Danish Savings

The Danes should teach the world the power of savings and spending.. Kudos.

Think of 2008 when banks crashed and so did housing market. I'm not sure how months of furloughing workers and stay at home orders are going to end up. But my guess is the economy is going to take one hell of a beating. Can't replace months of lost productivity overnight.

People must have a lot more, cuz aside for my mother i have never know a person with savings, at least not outside those savings forced upon us Danes.

People must have a lot more, cuz aside for my mother i have never know a person with savings, at least not outside those savings forced upon us Danes.

Most people in United States have less than $20,000 in savings it seems. https://www.cnbc.com/2019/03/11/how...e-in-their-savings-accounts-at-every-age.html

Can't find any worldwide statistics, but western countries live off debt and credit cards. Which is why when the 2008 recession hit, the world was ill prepared. And I'd venture to guess the end result of the Coronavirus pandemic isn't going to be pretty either.

I am now living at the government tit, so no telling if that will change, or if it is needed.
I have argued at times for changes on people like myself, but to be honest my focus have been on the many retired people that in my opinion don't deserve a pension.
And the many that don't deserve the welfare they receive, cuz they are not on the welfare cuz they are unfortunate hard working people, but rather on it cuz they are lazy bastards that will live of anyone in any way the can.
I know these people cuz i grew up among them, and i almost became like them too, they just want anything they can get for free or steal.

Damn i almost sound like Stalin about who i am listening to a documentary running in another window, one messed up choirboy / wanna be priest from Georgia indeed.

I am now living at the government tit, so no telling if that will change, or if it is needed.
I have argued at times for changes on people like myself, but to be honest my focus have been on the many retired people that in my opinion don't deserve a pension.
And the many that don't deserve the welfare they receive, cuz they are not on the welfare cuz they are unfortunate hard working people, but rather on it cuz they are lazy bastards that will live of anyone in any way the can.
I know these people cuz i grew up among them, and i almost became like them too, they just want anything they can get for free or steal.

Damn i almost sound like Stalin about who i am listening to a documentary running in another window, one messed up choirboy / wanna be priest from Georgia indeed.

Disabled people deserve assistance. Retired people who have spent years working and paying into the system deserve earned their check, too. Men and women who screw like bunny rabbits and make the tax payer foot the bill deserve forced sterilization. Not a welfare check.

I've always believed the 2 kid limit. Doesn't matter if you got 3, 5, 8, etc, tax payer on the hook for 2. If you want to screw and have more, that's on your shoulders. But the tax payer isn't giving you a raise.

The Danish property tax i think are about 5% of the value of your house, beside that is a tax on the piece of land your house sit on.
Here if you go out in the rural areas you can get a okay house for 1 mill DKkr, same house within city limits of a major town will probably be 2 if not 3 mill, and even more if its in a high value area.
And this is of course just 1 of many taxes a Dane have to relate to, but at least so far no tax on breathing or walking, but i better not mention that too often to give some people ideas.

So in total a 2 mill DKkr house will cost you 1800 USD every year just on the house, add to that the tax on the land ( about the same i recon ) tax on the power and water you use + tax on waste water / sewage ASO
And get up there quite fast.
It is not for anything Denmark have some of the worlds highest taxes,,,,,, or maybe it is for nothing cuz i have seen the world and many countries have pretty much the same as Denmark have, so a lot i don't understand here.

This house in a little town called Thorsø will set you back 1 mill. ( 144.000 USD )
Build: 1928
Size: 124 SqM ( about 1350 Sqfeet )
Property size: 591 SqM
3 floors 75 Sqm basement ( not residential )

Down payment 50.000 DKkr ( 7200 USD )
Monthly expenses ( just tax ones related to house not power ASO ) 1700 DKkr ( 250 USD )
Netto 3400 DKkr ( 492 USD ) a month to live in, but i don't think that's including the payments to a mortgage - insurance - maintenance ASO, so 3400 + 1700 + heating - water - power = xxxx DKkr/mo

It is actually cheaper than what i pay in rent for my apartment, but then come mortgage payments ASO and then suddenly its 2 - 3 X of that i pay in my apartment.

Another big + for a guy like me is in Thorsø they have fiber internet, so gigabit no problem.

$144,000 USD isn't really that grossly overpriced. Especially with the "economic boom" prior to the coronavirus. Hell, I've been told by people in Stockholm, the waiting list to get an apartment in years. Second hand rentals are common. Plus prices are outrageous. This is probably analgous to cities like New York City where rent is outrageous.

Outside of the metropolis / human epicenters, prices drop. At least tax dollars in DK and other places support Education, Health Systems, Schools, etc. Problem is you have every 3rd world individual flocking and/or fleeing their sh*tholes in order to set up residence in Nordic Countries and live off the social system. That shouldn't be allowed.

hows our chinese counterparts going on this?

Whats with the AU / China fighting, too many Corona questions ?

yeah exiting times. :cool: at least for us that are allowed to go for a drive.

Would the microsd card be accessible without having to unplug wires? Ideally the wires will not be on the same side of the unit as the microsd slot.

So in case there is an accident and one needs to show the footage to the police, do people make sure to carry an external card reader for their phone or do they take out the entire dashcam unit and run it off a battery pack?

Back