SG9663DR update

So with the DR are the wifi on default ? or do you still have to push a button to get it on. ( if so could the event button be mapped for this so long pressing it turn on wifi )

I will install mine so taking out the memory card can still be done, even if wifi are lightning fast ASO i would still prefer not to use it / my phone.
At least initially i am open for trying / learning new stuff, if i could make do with just DL the event files, and it would be nice if the APP could remember which ones i have DL already so i dont DL the same file twice.
Maybe events can be moved off the memory card and not copied off ? that way only fresh ones would be in the RO folder, but not sure if that can be done with the event files as it is a bad idea with the regular files, but maybe the properties for files in the RO folder could be different VS regular files.

So with the DR are the wifi on default ? or do you still have to push a button to get it on. ( if so could the event button be mapped for this so long pressing it turn on wifi )
off by default, long press the remote event button to turn wifi on/off

I will install mine so taking out the memory card can still be done, even if wifi are lightning fast ASO i would still prefer not to use it / my phone.
no wifi is lightning fast, for copying a file off ad-hoc though it's fine

Nice.

Down the road who know, i might request a download RO folder shortcutt in the APP, as opposed to selecting every file in the RO folder manual :)

I do tend to accumulate a few files in the RO folder before i make a compilation for youtube, so having to select say 30 - 36 files would be a "pain" or maybe even slower than the time it take to DL them.

For the rear camera, what is the best solution for 20% window tint?

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

not sure I understand what you're asking, can you elaborate?
Is there some special consideration for getting good picture quality at night or during the day if a test camera had to see through window tint?

Is there some special consideration for getting good picture quality at night or during the day if a test camera had to see through window tint?
they see through the tint OK, rear will be darker at night as the rear of the vehicle is generally darker anyway

With a tinted window in front of the camera you will have to experiment with the EV setting for that camera / channel, cant really give a fixed number its something you will have to experiment with to see what suit you best.
Personally i would adjust it but still have the main focus on the daytime performance, at night you pretty much just see headlights if you drive outside of town, in town ambient light help you to see a bit more.

If you adjust EV too much in favor of night time footage, the sky in the daytime will be blown out, not that this matter a whole lot as it is what is down on the road that are the main issue.
ANd none of us are probably so lucky to capture a air bursting meteor or a plane doing a emergency landing on the highway behind us.

For the rear camera, what is the best solution for 20% window tint?

I'll be completely honest. I run 20% tint on my back window and you cant see sh*t at night but headlights. Nothing you do will resolve the issue, I've tried. Unless you are in the city with sufficient lighting, everything is pretty much headlights out the back window.

Yeah just 2 bright orbs getting closer and closer, still from that if the car back there drive erratic or bad, you footage should be able to document that as those lights would then be all over the place, you just cant see exactly.
But some punk back there thinking he is the #1 world rally driver, and then later plow into the back of your car, you should be able to prove that before that he did not drive in a normal safe manner.

I think if i get another car, i will have the back blacked out too.
I sort of like the new Suzuki Jimny, just too expensive for me at least buying a brand new one, so maybe i get a used one in a few years when some bastard have taken the biggest hit of buying a car in Denmark.

I’ve had a few customers cut a small area out of their tint over the years for a complete clear camera view. This could potentially be even more ideal with the new DR camera potentially I’m imagining.

Last edited:
Yeah i am inclined to think i would also do that with a tinted rear window as i always make sure to have my camera lens right there up against the glass, so can make do with a fairly small hole cut.

I’ve had a few customers cut a small area out of their tint over the years for a complete clear camera view. This could potentially be even more ideal with the new DR camera potentially I’m imagining.
With such a wide field of view, how does a small untinted area affect things, aesthetics aside? Are there any example stills or videos you can share?

With such a wide field of view, how does a small untinted area affect things, aesthetics aside? Are there any example stills or videos you can share?

If the camera lens is positioned close enough to the hole you cut in the tint the FOV should be not experience any obstruction.

I haven't seen any examples but you could try this yourself with a hole cut in a piece of cardboard and see what happens. That would be also be a good way to pre-determine what sized hole you'd need to cut in your window tint for anyone wanting to do this.

I used to have a photo example from a customer a couple of years ago but can’t find the image at this time. But yes it shouldn’t take much to experiment to find the right size hole needed. I guess it could potentially affect outside aesthetics though so it might be a form vs function decision for some, as far as what’s more important to you. The black color of the camera should sort of fill in the small clear space though I’d think.

Well with the issues some people have with the way the front camera are on some phones, i figure some will have problems with cutting a hole in the tint of their rear window. :)

Shivers....I'm not sure I would be keen on razor blading a 2-3 inch square ( 5 CM -7.5 CM) out of my tint between the defrost lines. Sure, you'll resolve the tint killing image visibility at night, but now you've F*ed up your tint job.

Back