SG9663DR update

And if he don't the recipients of the first DR cameras will, cuz they will be glowing with excitement.
I will probably be pacing back and forth from the time Jokiin say there is a parcel heading my way, so it is very comforting to know he always use a faster method of shipping, cuz as it is my sleep parrerns are mess up enough on its own.

not sure what you're thinking is but a card can fail at any time with any camera, cloud or internet integration will do nothing to help with that, the camera will start beeping if there are card issues, we added that function quite a while ago
It sounds like the real backup to that issue would be to drive with a backup SD card.

My issue is whether this unicorn will ever be seen in the wild.

Hehe yeah it is a damn thing, the first samples would have been out there in the real world for testing by now, by regular users.
But then came this damn flu bug and ruined everything.
But yeah it is always a good idea to carry a spare memory card in the car, i even do that though i most often have several cameras on the windscreen and so will not miss out on anything.

My spare are just a 64Gb card, but that's also fine in a pinch even with a dual channel camera.

Can’t really blame the virus for it being 2 years behind schedule

Not doing that, just saying if it wasent for the virus it would have been out there, and by now actual production would probably have been started too.
But Jokiin probably oped up too early on that one, as i recall there was also other technical issues along the way.
I also think as a result jokiin will probably be a bit more careful with future camera announcements, i am sure he is not having a good time "letting people down" like that.

At least no one or ass far as i know only one other dual remote camera out there, so it is not really like the world have beaten street guardian to the punch.

I cant even get a reply to e-mails to a S Korea camera company, a company i weeks ago emailed back and forth with vigorously.
But i think soon us people in this part of the world will get a taste of why, and things out of our countries are probably going to slow too, and not from a lack of components from China.
Maybe in a few weeks, finding any Danish Bacon in your supermarket will be hard, maybe even due to the number of pigs here some will have to bu put down if no one are healthy enough to take care of them.

Factory workers were told to stay home the past several weeks, can’t get anything done when it comes to scheduling a production run until that changes.
LOL...truncated the "for 2 years" part. ;)

Oh, and might this be a sign that companies should stop using China for all manufacturing? It's never a good idea to have all of one's eggs in a single basket-especially a communist basket that wants to dominate you.

The lack of any images even makes me think it’s no closer than it was 2 years ago

If allowed, i will have pictures up in 10 minutes if i receive a copy, 30 minutes later it will be installed in my car and i am going for a drive.

It’s ready for production, I’ve held a sample in my own hands. A few things have been changed and enhanced since the original design. We won’t share images until production happens though.
You said you had held a sample on 23rd of august 2018 too

That was probably the first mockup, probably 3D printed housing, pretty much everything have changed since then as far as i know.
If you are so frustrated you should buy something else, if you have waited for this since 2018 and not gotten something else instead, i am hard pressed to come up with something to say.
you do know that aside for the 2 cameras being on a wire the DR model have nothing over other current SG or for that matter other brand cameras already on the market.

You said you had held a sample on 23rd of august 2018 too

It was decided it wasn’t ready as is back then, It’s been changed a bit since. I know you’re frustrated it’s delayed but it won’t be released until it’s ready. Now that it finally is, there is a it of a global pandemic in the way.

That was probably the first mockup, probably 3D printed housing, pretty much everything have changed since then as far as i know.
If you are so frustrated you should buy something else, if you have waited for this since 2018 and not gotten something else instead, i am hard pressed to come up with something to say.
you do know that aside for the 2 cameras being on a wire the DR model have nothing over other current SG or for that matter other brand cameras already on the market.
I gave up waiting at end of 2018 and have recently ordered a new car so was looking if the product had moved on, it hasn’t. As you say it’s only a couple of cameras on a bit of wire so why the secrecy on what it looks like, let’s face it nobody’s going to steal the design

Can’t really blame the virus for it being 2 years behind schedule
of course not, we've made all the changes we needed and we had scheduled prior to Chinese New Year that we would be doing a production run as soon as holidays were over and the staff got back to work, Coronavirus got in the way unfortunately so we're going to be about 8 weeks later than intended, in the mean time though we've been working on some things in the firmware

The devil find work for idle hands, or however the saying goes,,,,,,, gotta keep busy :)

I got a mail from a place in China where i have a order, they have 3 staff out of 35 to fulfill orders,,,,, they hope to have a few more on Monday.
I am good what they are making for me i don't need for another couple of months at least.

Back