SG9665GC at temperatures about -14°C / 6.8 °F

alexsoll

Retailer
Reaction score
Country
Belarus
Dash Cam
Street Guardian, BlackVue, Thinkware
I put Street Guardian SG9665GC on 30 minutes in the freezer.

aj8Mb.png

aj8M1.png

After being in the freezer
Video recording starts normally

Last edited:
OK, now try it at -14F which is what I'll probably see this winter. :(

we had already tested it from -20c but that's as low as our test equipment goes
Yeah, I'm aware of that as this discussion has occurred in other threads. Unfortunately I'll probably be able to keep you informed over the winter as to how good really cold weather performance is.

Yeah, I'm aware of that as this discussion has occurred in other threads. Unfortunately I'll probably be able to keep you informed over the winter as to how good really cold weather performance is.

yeah I've been waiting for some real world results where the temps get lower

yeah I've been waiting for some real world results where the temps get lower
I'm sure over the next 3 to 4 months some of the Canadian folks will have some information. Rumor has it it gets colder up there than it does here. ;)

I put Street Guardian SG9665GC on 30 minutes in the freezer.

aj8Mb.png

aj8M1.png

After being in the freezer
Video recording starts normally

I used to live in -30 -40C, but now here in Ireland lowest we get in winter is -5C.

and I thought 4 degree nights were cold in adelaide.

and I thought 4 degree nights were cold in adelaide.
At 4C I don't even put a coat or jacket on to go out and get the mail or newspapers.

I know this for a fact because I just did it this morning and the temp is 37.4F. :D

I used to live in -30 -40C, ....
Yeah, I would consider that to be a bit 'chilly'. :rolleyes:

What I find disappointing is that I much prefer summer, and the associated summer activities, to winter time. However I find I adapt to the colder winter temperatures much better than I do the hot, humid summer weather where I tend to spend way too much time sitting in air conditioned environments. :(

Back