SG9665GC firmware updates and pre release access

I was wondering whether there was anything for the V1 that was comparable with the Latest V2 release, after Jokiin's post on 7th July here...
as far as I know, it is planned to soon release a similar firmware for V1

as far as I know, it is planned to soon release a similar firmware for V1

As I recall, some time ago now, @jokiin said something about wanting to bring this whole beta process intended to resolve the various issues we are all aware of to a certain level of completion before bringing it over to the V1. I think maybe it wasn't expected to take quite so long. Better late than never. :)

as soon as V2 is sorted the V1 will come.

Good evening @jokiin - Is there an update for V1 in the pipeline that is due for release anytime soon?
Just checked on your website and the latest version there is from 25th January this year.

planned to release along with the next V2 release

As I recall, some time ago now, @jokiin said something about wanting to bring this whole beta process intended to resolve the various issues we are all aware of to a certain level of completion before bringing it over to the V1. I think maybe it wasn't expected to take quite so long. Better late than never. :)

yeah we were trying to avoid having to roll the changes back into the V1 version twice, we were just about ready to do it and found a couple of bugs in the V2 version, and then some further improvements etc so it got stalled waiting for the next V2 release rather than roll it back while there were still some known issues

Extremely difficult conditions but my feel is that the LOW cut puts too much emphasis on the sky. Center seems to have less of a problem with that.

Got the chance to compare this to the center:

SG9665GC_V2_beta_27
Low Cut (AE Metering) - the picture is a little darker, maybe the day will be more interesting, but the night losing precious visibility on the edges
10ccbebe4185.gif

c9c16984bf98.gif

e6bc5e1f0062.gif

Last edited:
SG9665GC_V2_beta_27
Low Cut (AE Metering) + Low (Contrast) + WDR (Off)

Later there will be screenshots with different settings for night ( AE Metering / Contrast )

I'm seeing some blue frames. Is that an artefact of the gif or real video?

I'm not sure if it's me looking at this on a computer screen in a bright room, but I look at each and every one of those images with a view to determining which one is best for identifying cars and number plates.... say those vehicles on the right that you can see the number plates on. Then I get in sync with the change in the imagine and repeat, low medium high, low medium high so I don't have to move my eyes from a point on the picture to know what frame I'm looking at. To me, I see no difference whatever in that area of the field once I ignore the effect of some lights being on and turning off and vice versa which accompany the change in camera setting. What I'm trying to say is.... whatever the setting is WDR on or off, low/centre weighted/full frame, or high/medium/low contrast.... makes no difference whatever with id of cars or plates.

I'm not sure if it's me looking at this on a computer screen in a bright room, but I look at each and every one of those images with a view to determining which one is best for identifying cars and number plates.... say those vehicles on the right that you can see the number plates on. Then I get in sync with the change in the imagine and repeat, low medium high, low medium high so I don't have to move my eyes from a point on the picture to know what frame I'm looking at. To me, I see no difference whatever in that area of the field once I ignore the effect of some lights being on and turning off and vice versa which accompany the change in camera setting. What I'm trying to say is.... whatever the setting is WDR on or off, low/centre weighted/full frame, or high/medium/low contrast.... makes no difference whatever with id of cars or plates.

the differences should be negligible at night and very hard to pick due to changing lighting each time anyway, I've asked @alexsoll to try the same test during the day, he just hasn't had a chance to do it as yet

Could someone be kind enough to post a link for the previous Beta. Want to check something..

Could someone be kind enough to post a link for the previous Beta. Want to check something..

just check the bit dot ly (shortened links don't work here) link on our support page for the current beta and change the link name from 27 to 26 and you'll get it

Back