c7047dc7c1e7.gif

c88ae7cd4b29.gif

c04fabca2fde.gif

WDR (OFF)

222289c4ef7d.gif

83e168c52b7a.gif

007c69a4948a.gif

Last edited:
@alexsoll As you're doing this, could you also post the unprocessed snapshots used in the GIFs. Due to changing lights, movement of cars and trees , one's attention tends to catch those things more, also the artefacts in the GIF's are not helping the situation.

Appreciate the effort.

significant differences I noticed

WDR (ON)

c7047dc7c1e7.gif

c88ae7cd4b29.gif

c04fabca2fde.gif

WDR (OFF)

222289c4ef7d.gif

83e168c52b7a.gif

007c69a4948a.gif
I think they all look good and the difference is next to nothing but i have untrained eyes and do not know what I am looking for and maybe one day will rely on my camera just to capture somebody else at fault besides myself. one thing I am keen to find out is when the next stable release firmware is due and please do not say soon or in the coming weeks or days etc a firm date be it this week or next or maybe next month but just generalising on a possible date always leaves me depleted as every other time I have asked the same question the general time or date that was given always came and went without a firmware release materialising

I think they all look good and the difference is next to nothing but i have untrained eyes and do not know what I am looking for and maybe one day will rely on my camera just to capture somebody else at fault besides myself. one thing I am keen to find out is when the next stable release firmware is due and please do not say soon or in the coming weeks or days etc a firm date be it this week or next or maybe next month but just generalising on a possible date always leaves me depleted as every other time I have asked the same question the general time or date that was given always came and went without a firmware release materialising

apologies for that but the only time it's ever possible to give a firm release date is when we happen to have a version ready for release, really it's not possible to work to set dates with this type of thing as it only leads to either missing the date or releasing things before they are ready, there should be more betas released this month but that's about as specific as we can get unfortunately as it always depends on test results

After going back and forth between the last two Beta firmwares and giving the newly tweaked low-cut another go, I've found that moving the lens one notch down solves the darkness issue when driving towards the sun.

Edit:

Last edited:
After going back and forth between the last two Beta firmwares and giving the newly tweaked low-cut another go, I've found that moving the lens one notch down solves the darkness issue when driving towards the sun.

Edit:

thanks for testing that, this example above is with the low cut setting yeah?

One of the things I've experienced with the SG9665GC and that so far seems exacerbated by beta 27 is that the camera is exquisitely sensitive to how it is aimed. Every time I think I have found a combination of settings and higher or lower lens aiming that works well I run into a problem with overly dark images or high contrast loss of upper tonal range detail (blooming) when the lighting conditions or weather changes. At this point I assume it has to do with the dark hood on my vehicle but no other camera I've owned or tested has ever had this issue to this degree and been so sensitive to how it is aimed.

Yesterday and today have been overcast and the lighting is rather flat. Under these conditions the video results look excellent. This problem appears to be very much related to scene contrast more-so than how much sky is included in the FOV and so far beta 26 gave me better results.

Another thing I've only noticed just yesterday is that I suddenly have a lot of hot pixels which is a problem I have not previously seen with this camera unit until this firmware update.

I've been very busy lately with other priorities so I've only just flashed beta 27 less than a week ago, so these reported results are only preliminary.

Last edited:
thanks for the feedback, we're working on some further changes and will have another look at the settings between B26 and B27 and see if there was anything there that might have wiped the calibration settings, nothing I'm aware of but always worth double checking

thanks for the feedback, we're working on some further changes and will have another look at the settings between B26 and B27 and see if there was anything there that might have wiped the calibration settings, nothing I'm aware of but always worth double checking

Yeah, the hot pixels are new and seem to have come out of nowhere. I'll look through some older footage just to make sure.

hotpixels.jpg

Could be pixels failing on the sensor. Might want to ask @Street Guardian USA for the recalibration procedure to get rid of them if all else fails bud. :(

Could be pixels failing on the sensor. Might want to ask @Street Guardian USA for the recalibration procedure to get rid of them if all else fails bud. :(

I doubt it's related to a failing sensor. I have 2 hot pixels too since switching to Beta 27 from 26, which weren't there earlier. Downgrading to the previous Beta does not resolve the pixel issue.

Last edited:

I was first advised to do a re-calibration back in May, 2015 when I first reported the "High Contrast/Dynamic Range" issues privately to Rick and Jon. I wasn't experiencing any hot pixels at that time but somehow the calibration was 'sposed to also fix the contrast problem I first reported all that time ago. It didn't. Then after several go arounds with re-calibration and several camera units later due to focus issues on two units and one completely failed unit that just showed static on the screen after boot-up I was advised that the calibration was now permanently secured and quarantined at the factory and I wouldn't need to concern myself with that any further especially with the latest V2 unit that was shipped to me.

The notion that someone is now here in October, 2016 suggesting that I consider trying a re-calibration at this point and that this camera is still having exposure challenges, hot pixel issues and is still on beta firmware almost 18 months later makes me want to tear my hair out!

If the camera didn't have all the other redeeming qualities I believe it has I would have thrown the towel in long ago but I'm keeping the faith and still hanging in there....for now. :)

I feel like I can almost see the tunnel! :p

I was first advised to do a re-calibration back in May, 2015 when I first reported the "High Contrast/Dynamic Range" issues privately to Rick and Jon. I wasn't experiencing any hot pixels at that time but somehow the calibration was 'sposed to also fix the contrast problem I first reported all that time ago. It didn't. Then after several go arounds with re-calibration and several camera units later due to focus issues on two units and one completely failed unit that just showed static on the screen after boot-up I was advised that the calibration was now permanently secured and quarantined at the factory and I wouldn't need to concern myself with that any further especially with the latest V2 unit that was shipped to me.

The notion that someone is now here in October, 2016 suggesting that I consider trying a re-calibration at this point and that this camera is still having exposure challenges, hot pixel issues and is still on beta firmware almost 18 months later makes me want to tear my hair out!

If the camera didn't have all the other redeeming qualities I believe it has I would have thrown the towel in long ago but I'm keeping the faith and still hanging in there....for now. :)

I feel like I can almost see the tunnel! :p

We didn't know how it worked back in the early days. If you don't want to re-calibrate and are frustrated, my special exception long term refund offer still stands. If you want to recalibrate check your PM inbox for the instructions.

Back