SG9665GC firmware updates and pre release access

If I understand the firmware upgrade process correctly. I just insert the SD card with nothing on it other than the BIN file (SGGV2.BIN) and power up the dashcam. The dashcam should recognize the .bin and start the firmware upgrade by itself. I must be doing something wrong because no upgrade starts. It just behaves like the .bin file is not there. Any suggestions?

If I understand the firmware upgrade process correctly. I just insert the SD card with nothing on it other than the BIN file (SGGV2.BIN) and power up the dashcam. The dashcam should recognize the .bin and start the firmware upgrade by itself. I must be doing something wrong because no upgrade starts. It just behaves like the .bin file is not there. Any suggestions?
If you are copying the file on MacOS or Linux make sure the filename is in all caps (SGGV2.BIN will work, SGGV2.bin will not)

it's an issue on Linux but haven't had any reports of problems on Mac due to file name
FS on linux is by default case sensitive, not on MacOS. However, you can turn case sensitivity ON on MacOS.

FS on linux is by default case sensitive, not on MacOS. However, you can turn case sensitivity ON on MacOS.

Never seen any practical reason to switch to case sensitive from case insensitive. Why tell people to "make sure the filename is in all caps" on the Mac OS without bothering to mention that important detail about HD file system formatting options?

Last edited:
In my case, I formatted the SD card with Windows as exFAT and then put in the in the dashcam and used the dashcam to format again. Then took out the card and added the .bin file and put it back in. The camera comes on and works fine, but never seems to care that there is a .bin file there.

In my case, I formatted the SD card with Windows as exFAT and then put in the in the dashcam and used the dashcam to format again. Then took out the card and added the .bin file and put it back in. The camera comes on and works fine, but never seems to care that there is a .bin file there.

what's the serial number of your camera and the current firmware version?

what's the serial number of your camera and the current firmware version?

The current firmware version is 2 (according to the menu option). How do I determine the serial number?

can you give me the full version number shown in the settings

serial number is on the back of the camera

The firmware level is currently SG20151109.002
The S/N is SB150500243

Thanks.

ok, @Street Guardian USA looks after any follow up on those, your camera is a V1 though not a V2, you're trying to load the incorrect firmware which is why it does nothing, the updated firmware for the V1 is available for download from our website

Hi @DONUSA
you can download the SG9665GC V1 firmware from: https://StreetGuardian.info/Support
(scroll to the bottom)

Thanks. I clicked on your link and got 404. Typed it in and got to this page below. This is the page I found before making my post on this forum and the source for the firmware upgrade I tried to use. Last one (highlighted) gave me the download...that does not work.

upload_2017-2-15_8-44-45.png

Thanks. I clicked on your link and got 404. Typed it in and got to this page below. This is the page I found before making my post on this forum and the source for the firmware upgrade I tried to use. Last one (highlighted) gave me the download...that does not work.

View attachment 29219

Sorry the link is case sensitive it seems. https://streetguardian.info/support (no capital S)

You have a SG9665GC V1 not a V3
H1fb88y.png

Sorry the link is case sensitive it seems. https://streetguardian.info/support (no capital S)

You have a SG9665GC V1 not a V3
H1fb88y.png

OK, I figured it out. The V# refers to the model of the camera, not the version of the firmware. Why do you refer to the camera as having versions? Physical products are usually given model numbers while software is given version numbers. My camera, its packaging and its documentation make no reference to a model number. You should label the download page "SG9665GC -Model 1 Firmware update latest" . I'd still be wondering what model camera I have, but I would not have wasted hours trying to figure out why the firmware was not working.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R SG9665GC 1
Brent. SG9665GC 17
A SG9665GC 100
jokiin SG9665GC 24
jokiin SG9665GC 154
Back