SG9665GC firmware updates and pre release access

Rubbish........ There are always tid bits for the unmeducaded.......... Say that word 3 times quickly

to be honest I'm not sure why it's formatted the way it is, the post is from over a year ago and was a lot longer and a lot of it was no longer relevant so I trimmed it down

@jokiin, How about posting the current date along side the new updates and beta releases when you post an edit to the first thread? Not everyone notices the forum edit notation over in the corner.

Last edited:
@jokiin, How about posting the current date along side the new updates and beta releases when post an edit to the first thread? Not everyone notices the forum edit notation over in the corner.

don't think it has been mentioned before but good idea

l...
changed to single page menu structure instead of having to press menu twice to get to the second menu or having to exit the first menu to get back in to get to the second menu it's all on one page...
I just installed Beta 33 on my V2 and this does not appear to be working. I'm still getting 2 discrete menu pages. F/W version displays as 'SG20170413.V3'

Edit: Never mind - I just noticed that the most recent version is Beta 34. :coffee:

Edit2: Updated to B34 and it works as advertised.

Last edited:
should, but as I said needs further testing
OK. I turned the g-sensor on for testing purposes. Just have to go find a few pot holes now - won't be too hard here. :(

g sensor works well on the SGZC12RC every time I go around a round about a bit quickly I hear it beep beep.

link in first post updated to new beta

changed to single page menu structure instead of having to press menu twice to get to the second menu or having to exit the first menu to get back in to get to the second menu it's all on one page and can scroll up from the bottom first even when first entering the menu, (did this to make things easier as so many people had trouble understanding that there were two pages to the menu)

changed the file save process (needs testing) so that if the recorded segment is less than half way through it saves the current and previous file, if the recorded segment is more than half way through it saves the current and next file
I like this. It is similar to what Garmin 55 is doing. They are saving previous, current and next files. Of course, the segments are 1 min long so it makes sense.

Is there any chance to get 1440p video out of these SG9665GC cameras?

I'm having issues trying to update my v2. I reformatted card on pc using sdcard formatter. I downloaded and installed the beta_34 bin file on the card. Inserted the card and plugged it in to turn it on. Now from following the instructions at this point it says "Camera will power on, screen will remain blank while updating". But when I turn the dashcam on, it just asks to format the card. If I format the bin gets erased. If I don't, the dashcam will then do nothing. The screen does eventually turn off while the dashcam is on but does nothing the whole time. I check the version on the dashcam to see if it updated but version says some 2016 version which I don't think is correct.

Any advise?

Any advise?
Have you tried formatting the card in the camera and then copying the new F/W to the card? Camera is asking to reformat because it doesn't like what the computer did (has to be FAT32).

Transcend Premium 400x 64gb. I found 32gb sd card I got with the dashcam and I was able to install the bin file. I don't know why it wouldn't on the other card.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R SG9665GC 1
Brent. SG9665GC 17
A SG9665GC 100
jokiin SG9665GC 24
jokiin SG9665GC 154
Back