SG9665GC firmware updates and pre release access

Transcend Premium 400x 64gb. I found 32gb sd card I got with the dashcam and I was able to install the bin file. I don't know why it wouldn't on the other card.

when you format the 64GB card in the PC it changes it to exFAT, the camera needs to format the card back to FAT32 before you can do anything with it, this is expected and why you were having problems, the 32GB card is already FAT32

I seem to remember that we could set the microphone sensitivity. Has this been removed from the latest beta (20170517)?

Ok nvm, I thought I'd try it as I get some bad audio

I listened to both your samples, it sounded a bit louder but otherwise not a lot different

How does it sound in your other car?

Havent tried it, but it's bound to be much better as noise levels are much lower.

There is a kind of stutter in the noise. it becomes very well audible around 0:09 as the noise increases.

Last edited:
I used ducttape, as the foam seems too thick. Is rocksolid.
But there is a vibration in my exhaust, That's the highpitch noise.
I'm concerned about the low frequency modulation which makes it sound like my engine's sick. As a fluiddynamicist I suspect that it's some kind of air flow oscillation. I will test with the audio from the other cams.

And yes, I hear it here too. So my concerns about bad audioquality turn out to be a testament to the microphone of the GC. :love:
Sorry bout the brouhahah.

Better to use the EVA, even it feels tight just push firmly against the glass when you install it and it will lock in, will only be real tight the first few times, it will be easier after that, the foam absorbs a lot of the resonant frequencies

I will have to do so on the thin mount in the other car. As my homemade EVA patch has come off.

I used ducttape, as the foam seems too thick

Yup............ Those pads are way too thick and overkill............ I would suggest to anyone be cautious and more practical with a DIY if necessary which is normally not needed unless off road and considering the weight of the camera I doubt even then

The pads compress after a week or so and then its a snug fit.

I ended up using the spare pad on my F770 and it works well.

Yup............ Those pads are way too thick and overkill............ I would suggest to anyone be cautious and more practical with a DIY if necessary which is normally not needed unless off road and considering the weight of the camera I doubt even then

they're 0.5mm think, they may seem too thick the first time you use them but they quickly compress into what's needed to do the job, we've been using the same for over two years now

And yes, I hear it here too. So my concerns about bad audioquality turn out to be a testament to the microphone of the GC. :love:
Sorry bout the brouhahah.

you forgot your racing helmet today, in a hurry??.

I just updated my firmware to the latest yesterday to see if it would fix an issue I was having, but I think it's my card. Anyways, I am thrilled the gps no longer locks up at 110-115mph. I can verify it will go to at least 145mph, so far. I'll do some more "testing" through out the week and let you know how high it'll go.

Gotta love speed so show us a 30 second video clip

yeah I got some nice footage yesterday from the Nürburgring from a customer that has a turbocharged E30 BMW, unfortunately he was still on the old firmware so he hit the limit of the GPS on multiple occasions but he's going to update the camera before his next outing

I"ll try to remember to get at least one video uploaded today. I'm sure I've hit 150mph at least once or twice this week. I'm not sure if it's just because I accelerate too fast for the gps to keep up, but the increase in speed is pretty choppy. Don't need a 30 second clip to see it, my car will go from 55-150 PDQ.

Forgot to say that the GC is my rear camera, probably won't see much except the front of another car or two as I pass them at the beginning of the stretch. I try really hard not to go that fast unless I have that whole section of road to myself.

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R SG9665GC 1
Brent. SG9665GC 17
A SG9665GC 100
jokiin SG9665GC 24
jokiin SG9665GC 154
Back