SG9665GC records very bad sound

it wasn't interference or static or similar, just that the customer felt the audio was too sensitive, you could hear the sound of the engine, road noise etc, he has removed the file he shared so I can't let you hear it for yourself unfortunately

Since you mentioned it wasn't any good without the video, I had deleted it. I had only saved one video from that same trip where I was running my good SG996GC and the bad one at the same time. Here is a comparison video. Video quality isn't that good, but we're talking about the audio issue anyway. The windows were rolled up.

sounds like an older car with wind noise with a great microphone.

sounds like an older car with wind noise with a great microphone.

Sounds like a crappy mic to me. I ride in that truck every day and it doesn't sound near as bad as the dash cam made it sound. It's easy to sit at a computer and blame the vehicle when you don't have a clue what the vehicle itself sounds like.

be interesting to hear what voice sounds like from that cam.

be interesting to hear what voice sounds like from that cam.

I don't have any voice recordings from that cam. It should be arriving back to Pier28 today where he can check it out.

I don't have any voice recordings from that cam. It should be arriving back to Pier28 today where he can check it out.

yeah we'll be checking it out, they are a sensitive mic but it's unusual for it to be that sensitive

yeah we'll be checking it out, they are a sensitive mic but it's unusual for it to be that sensitive

Yes, they are sensitive. Even the good one picks up the gear whine from the transmission that I don't hear while driving. It's not overbearing though and is perfect in my opinion for picking up what should be recorded. The bad one is just way overboard to the point of being distorted, producing some terrible sound quality. I would love to have 3 more of these dash cams that are good, but I am not confident enough to spend that kind of money on something I've had so many problems with. I will keep up with this model and see where it goes in the year to come. Hopefully good reports will follow. I do appreciate the great customer service, but great product performance is more important to me. Again, this is just my experience with the product. I know others haven't had any issues. I can't make judgements based on something I haven't seen myself.

Back