SG9665GC records very bad sound

same goes though, will have the new card reader etc

Re-edited, the strike-through took out my whole paragraph. Yes, new card readers for everyone :)

I just sent you a PM to confirm your replacement is queued up once 2nd production arrives soon. The new 2nd production will come with an improved OTG/USB microSD/SD combo memory card reader. We are discontinuing the unreliable microSD keychain reader from the 1st production. I'll be sending out the new improved reader to any customer that needs one as well.

EDIT: Never mind about the PM, I just realized you're in France and ordered from @niko, he'll take care of you

Hi,
It seems that I have a new problem, not with the cam (which still records bad sound), but with the USB card reader (which looks like sometimes disconnecting during access from computer).
Does the expected date of new batch arrival delayed for any reason?
Thanks
Hi ZenithMach3.
Thanks for reporting.
I will take care of unit replacement and new type card reader, no worries. [emoji6]

Hi Niko,
Ok, thanks.
Regards

Yeeeaaah! SG9665GC seems to be in stock now.
Please, do not forget about me ;)

Yeeeaaah! SG9665GC seems to be in stock now.
Please, do not forget about me ;)

Unfortunately not in physical stock yet. In my online store I have added 1 unit for one customer who wants to place a pre-order. Unfortunately open cart does not allow to process payment order if there is not stock, hence I have added into description note " PREORDER ! In stock by the end of June 2015. ! "
I am expecting to receive stock next week and I am remember to take care of you, no worries ;)

Ok, I understand (saw corresponding thread on french dashcam forum).
So, I will wait patiently...
Thanks

Hi,
I had a new problem this morning: "No GPS" was displayed on the screen...
So, I opened the GPS box and saw that black wire was desoldering. Then, I used knur to find initial location and soldered back the wire between red and green ones, but it did not work. In a second attempt, I cut all three wires and redo all soldering and now it seems to work again (red antenna logo then green logo displayed). I am not sure that reparation is very clean and durable but it works again (at the current time).
Did you heard about GPS wires weak issue with such a thin wire diameter or soldering???
I think I should ask for GPS replacement too...
Regards

Last edited:
Hi,
I had a new problem this morning: "No GPS" was displayed on the screen...
So, I opened the GPS box and saw that black wire was desoldering. Then, I used knur to find initial location and soldered back the wire between red and green ones, but it did not work. In a second attempt, I cut all three wires and redo all soldering and now it seems to work again (red antenna logo then green logo displayed). I am not sure that reparation is very clean and durable but it works again (at the current time).
Did you heard about GPS wires weak issue with such a thin wire diameter or soldering???
I think I should ask for GPS replacement too...
Regards

Hello Zenith,
I had myself similar situation, but it was due to my excessive force of pulling cable when routing gps antenna, but was able to solder it back, like you did.
But dont worry, if you will have GPS antenna issues in future, I will organise a replacement.

Hi Niko
I did not have appropriate tools to do a durable soldering and suppose this will probably broke again in short time.
You'd better avail cam exchange to join new GPS module in same parcel, and I will send you back both defective cam and GPS unit. I suppose you (or your team) will be able to check and redo genuine and strong solders.
I hope not to encounter additional issue with this model, and second batch is more mature than first one
Regards

just replace it with the camera now, I will will send you another to replace your stock

Hi Niko
I did not have appropriate tools to do a durable soldering and suppose this will probably broke again in short time.
You'd better avail cam exchange to join new GPS module in same parcel, and I will send you back both defective cam and GPS unit. I suppose you (or your team) will be able to check and redo genuine and strong solders.
I hope not to encounter additional issue with this model, and second batch is more mature than first one
Regards

Thats no problem. I will send a new GPS mouse along with new dashcam and returned unit will serve me in some other educational and DIY projects I do time to time for myself, it's a win-win situation ;)

I hope getting it before holliday travel...
Do you think it will be available soon?
Thanks

I hope getting it before holliday travel...
Do you think it will be available soon?
Thanks
Please send PM to me when is your holiday starts.

Hi,

I have received new cam unit this morning and it works fine (good sound).
Thank you very much for your assistance and after sale support.
I send you a MP to define defective unit return process...

Regards

I too have had terrible sound. Mine isn't static, it's just incredibly loud everything, wind noise, background noise, etc. Radio and voices are inaudible over all the background noise. With my previous two cams (G1W and then B40/A118), I had much less noise. On the A118, I could hear my exhaust system, when I shifted, etc. On the SG9665GC, it is just all noise. The only solution is to blank the audio track.

Honestly, with this and the other problems I've been having, I'm very very disappointed with having spent the extra money on a Streetguardian.

I'm returning my second SG9665GC. The first one had a bunch of flashing white spots (hot pixels) and this one had what I call a "very hot mic". It was exactly as you described. I could hear the whine of the gears in the transmission and once in high gear the road noise was terrible even with the windows up. I do have one unit that is working fine. Maybe some day I will get up the nerve to try another, but not anytime soon. I must be jinxed when it comes to this model dash cam.

I'm returning my second SG9665GC. The first one had a bunch of flashing white spots (hot pixels) and this one had what I call a "very hot mic". It was exactly as you described. I could hear the whine of the gears in the transmission and once in high gear the road noise was terrible even with the windows up. I do have one unit that is working fine. Maybe some day I will get up the nerve to try another, but not anytime soon. I must be jinxed when it comes to this model dash cam.

Please dont worry, @Pier28 will sort this out.

Back