SG9665GC shutting down randomly

chinoman

Reaction score
Country
United States
My GC with March firmware had been working flawlessly since it was installed back in March. Until recently the GC would randomly shut down for no apparent reason. I have to press power button to re-start it back up. It would shut down randomly several times depending on how long my drive is. I'm also getting corrupt files, which I had never gotten before. The GC is hardwired to a MotoPark Multi Safer low voltage cut-off. I tested the GC without the MotoPark using only the power adapter and the GC still power off for no apparent reason and at random times. I'm using a 64gb Transcend Micro SD card and it was tested fine with h2testw. I also swapped the Transcend card with the included 32gb Kingston Micro SD card and still the GC would power off randomly. I've re-formated the cards in-camera, factory re-set several times and updated firmware to the new SG9665GC V1 (SG9665GC.bin) to no avail, still shuts down randomly for no apparent reason. Don't know what else to do or try. What is going on?

The cig power supply could be fading. We've made several improvements over the original batch and I'd like to send you an updated power supply. Please send me a private message or email with your name, order number, and email.

Last edited:
yeah best to try a new cig adapter (and bypass the motopark for testing), let us know once you try the new adapter

yeah best to try a new cig adapter (and bypass the motopark for testing), let us know once you try the new adapter

Thanks guys for the response. Just came back from a short drive. I bypassed the motopark and plugged the GC directly to a USB charger/power adapter rated at 2.4 amps. The GC still powered off after about 10 minutes of driving. If this is a valid test, seems like the power adapter may not causing the problem. What do you think?

Thanks guys for the response. Just came back from a short drive. I bypassed the motopark and plugged the GC directly to a USB charger/power adapter rated at 2.4 amps. The GC still powered off after about 10 minutes of driving. If this is a valid test, seems like the power adapter may not causing the problem. What do you think?

that could still be the power adapter but should rule out the motopark

Back