sg9665gc stops recording randomly

I got five 128GB Integral cards from MyMemory recently and they work fine in the SG9665GC.

Last edited:
I need to get my hands on a external micro SD raid controller :)

Actually one of the NAS brands should make that, then you could make 1 serious fast micro SD card using a fjew U3 cards.

just heard back from a mate of mine who I just installed a cam for a few weeks ago having similar issues of recording intermittently, replaced SD card a week ago and so far hasn't missed a beat, but fingers crossed.

I think the write strategy is so agressive (in a good fail safe way) that even if the card is intermittently bad the GC will continue to write in short bursts. Replacing the card is the way to go.

I think the write strategy is so agressive (in a good fail safe way) that even if the card is intermittently bad the GC will continue to write in short bursts

we got a batch of Kingston cards that had issues, have had a few early life failures on the cards

Costly mistake, that card failed after some pretty heavy use, but still the camera is holding up very good
KNOCKS ON WOOD
I can't even format it on my computer neither. It just freezes up the camera...

should be able to get warranty on the card yeah?

My transcend ultimate failed within megabytes of it first run, or rather i did at first run test software on it, then foamatted it in PC, then put in dashcam and format there, then record about 10 Gb or so and then it was in read only mode.

Amazon almost had the new card in my hands before i shipped the broken card out to them.

My other transcend 400X card just keep going like a SD card version of the duracell bunny.

I have had ajust about any brand fail me, and most of them also pretty fast at least one time, kingston is the most failing here but allso the brand i had the most cards from, to a level where all but 1 card here was kingston.

If there is such a thing as a nice failure rate, than that must be it :)

I've had just 1 out of box failure of the 400x card from the last 2000 cards, a lot better than than the rate from a lot of other brands

Recently, I had a 400X Transcend card that I think came with my GC fail. It happened during testing of my Mobius 2 which I assumed was the cause, but after a month of further testing appears not to have been. I guess these things can happen from time to time, even with the otherwise excellent Transcend cards.

Recently, I had a 400X Transcend card that I think came with my GC fail. It happened during testing of my Mobius 2 which I assumed was the cause, but after a month of further testing appears not to have been. I guess these things can happen from time to time, even with the otherwise excellent Transcend cards.

not sure if there's something unusual about file handling with the M2 but I constantly get error messages from Window's wanting to repair the file system when the M2 is first connected, just wait a bit and it then opens the explorer window as expected with no further problems, not sure what's going on just yet

not sure if there's something unusual about file handling with the M2 but I constantly get error messages from Window's wanting to repair the file system when the M2 is first connected, just wait a bit and it then opens the explorer window as expected with no further problems, not sure what's going on just yet

Peter wants me to ship the card to him so he can check it out. There are indeed issues he's exploring with this. Seems OK now with other cards.

Back