SG9665GC v2 can't open menu

CountryBumkin

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
SG9665GC V2
I have the SG9665GC ver 2 (bought 9/16).
I notice lately a screen warning - either says "CARD FULL" or "CARD FAILED". The text is too small for me to read clearly and it only stays on the screen for a couple of seconds.
Then I noticed the "Record light" is not on. Pressing the REC make a beep sound but the light doesn't come on.

So I figured this is a good time to reformat the SD card. But I can not access the menu. I press the menu button and hear a beep, but the menu does not open. I tried pressing REC button first then MENU button, and other combinations of button presses, but nothing works. Powering in On/Off works, and the MIC on/off works.

It looks like the device is locked up. What else can I try?

Have you tried without the card in it.
Maybe reset the camera via the reset button
Street%20Guardian%20SG9665GC-6-500x500.jpg

I have not tried without the card inserted - and I didn't know there was a reset button.
Thanks, now I have two things to try.

That’s usually a combination of you haven’t updated to the latest firmware and the memory card is ready to be replaced.

I tried the camera without SD card inserted and message said "insert memory card" (or some words like that). Re-inserting the card still did not let menu to open.

I pulled the SD card and tried to read it with the SG Viewer App on my computer but none of the files would play.
Then I checked the SD card with the memory card test software and it said it was good. Then I formatted the card anyways and put it back into the Camera. The menu then opened and I reformatted the card again. It is working now and camera is now recording again.

One question from this - when I installed the SG Dashcam Viewer App, a message said I needed to install the K-Lite Codec files. I don't like this idea (since all my other media file play and in my experience adding additional/new codecs tends to mess up things) but since I could not read the files on the SD card I though maybe the K-Lite codecs where needed. So I installed them but still could not read the files (the files on SD card where corrupted I guess). That's when I formatted the card.

So my question is - are the K-Lite codec files still needed or can I now delete them from my computer. I'm running Windows 10 x64.

Last edited:
Back