SGZC12RC Full Review

Even if a newer, better camera comes about it does not instantly change the functionality of the one you bought - it will still have the same capabilities as when you bought it. If it was good enough at that time it will still be good enough.

Yes, but the currently available cams do not fulfil my needs, i was a FPS cam. But all the ones i see for now are from non heard of chinese brands.

There is no jumps. Internet ( YouTube ) is not best place to fully judge video playback. Need to playback raw / original video on your PC.

Ok, but it was a side by side video from the two cams (top/bottom)

It is best to find a source to download actually raw footage to evaluate from any given camera as videos "on the internet" will not give you an accurate notion of what the camera can do and may exhibit flaws not seen in the original footage.

I'll check.

Edit: What @niko said. :)

Yet one would hope that if a new camera does come out that it will have more features and better characteristics for the money than the current offering.

Exactly, all of the current offerings do not fully fulfil my needs. So i am hoping the new realeases would have a dual cam and above 30FPS. That would be awesome. Maybe even a ln active IR filter. Built in GPS and active CPL filter which is enabled and disabled from the software which then controls a motor which switches the filters :D

Agreed - but does not change the fact that if the currently available model fulfills your needs that will not change if/when a newer version appears.

Problem is, it does not fulfil my needs uts just the best option available thus far. There is no perfect dashcam. For now at least.

Yes, but the currently available cams do not fulfil my needs, i was a FPS cam. But all the ones i see for now are from non heard of chinese brands.

Ok, but it was a side by side video from the two cams (top/bottom)

Could you share the link to that video please.

Could you share the link to that video please.

Here you go mate:

Go to minute 8:00 in the video where its in the highway, the video at the top is smoother than the one below which is jumping. I really wish for a Street Guardian dash cam which has 60 FPS and dual cam, it would be really great.

Go to minute 8:00 in the video where its in the highway, the video at the top is smoother than the one below which is jumping. I really wish for a Street Guardian dash cam which has 60 FPS and dual cam, it would be really great.

can't judge with videos that have been re-encoded like this

dual cams are coming, dual 60fps isn't possible at this stage though

it wasn't long ago dual cams at 30fps weren't possible. wont be too long to wait I guess until dual 60fps will be able to be done.

can't judge with videos that have been re-encoded like this

dual cams are coming, dual 60fps isn't possible at this stage though

A dual cam front at 60FPS and Back at 30FPS would be good enough if you ask me. If that is possible. Looking forward to the release of your new dash cam.

As for a raw video, it can be obtained from this original thread https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threa...gc-vs-sgzc12sg-panorama-g-evening-night.9853/

After checking the RAW videos, I changed my mind, the video is smooth and has no fps jumps.

Last edited:
Back