SGZC12RC Full Review

Yep. If it is similar to the form factor like the 2-cam Koonlung K1S, but with the image quality and functionality of this Street Guardian, it will be a winner.
Screenless WiFi version would be nice too :D

Screenless WiFi version would be nice too :D
What exactly do you mean by that?
Screenless as in the central control unit that housed the battery/capacitor and memory card has no screen?
WIFI as in the remote camera transmitting video to the central control unit with WIFI, so no cable needed to connect between the remote camera and the central control unit?

What exactly do you mean by that?
Screenless as in the central control unit that housed the battery/capacitor and memory card has no screen?
WIFI as in the remote camera transmitting video to the central control unit with WIFI, so no cable needed to connect between the remote camera and the central control unit?
Like in Lukas lk-7950wd.
No lcd screen so you have to use wifi from phone or tablet to view camera view.

Like in Lukas lk-7950wd.
No lcd screen so you have to use wifi from phone or tablet to view camera view.
I see. Shame LK-7950WD's front cam is humongous o_O

Thanks for the review, can you just confirm the quality of the video for me. It looks like on playback that it has that 'bubble' view. I'm looking to get a new dash cam for my new car and I'm tossing up between the SGZC12RC or the Panorama S. Siding towards the Panorama S purely because it has a 154 degree angle, but I like the discreetness of the SGZC12RC.

Thanks for the review, can you just confirm the quality of the video for me. It looks like on playback that it has that 'bubble' view. I'm looking to get a new dash cam for my new car and I'm tossing up between the SGZC12RC or the Panorama S. Siding towards the Panorama S purely because it has a 154 degree angle, but I like the discreetness of the SGZC12RC.

SGZC12RC (aka Panorama X1) = 135 degree diagonal
Panorama S = 154 degree diagonal

The video may look slightly lower quality due to youtube but yes it does have that fisheye effect if that's what you mean by bubble view.

Bubble view = fisheye effect???

dont SG9665GC and SGZC12RC have the same view angle of 135 degrees? in the snowy day comparison video, the SGZC12RC looks to have a wider view and video appears sharper?

I'm a little bit confused by SGZC12RC set up. you mount the small camera on the windshield and use a connecting cable from the camera to the LCD console then power the LCD with a cable to the cigarette lighter socket?
what's the advantage of that? Isn't SG9665GC a cleaner set up?

Swings and roundabouts with the two at the moment - if you want the parking mode the SGZC12RC is the way to go (although see further on), and if you want GPS the SG9665GC is the only option. I'm just greedy and run both in the front screen (well technically a dual channel Panorama X2 which uses a slightly different lens in the front camera I believe to the SGZC12RC but is pretty much the same).

Now if @jokiin could put the SGZC12RC internals into something the sort of form factor of the SG9665GC then that would be an absolute double whammy to everything across the board. That may not be possible due to what happened with Zoran though being taken over by CSR and them shutting down the chip division as the chip supply has dried up.

Saying that motion detect is better on the SG9665GC than other Novatek devices due to the way they've implemented it although I don't think the pre-buffer bit is possible on Novatek (never say never I guess).

Should be updating this thread soon with the new water proof camera. :D

I installed it above my license plate. I won't be using it as a real time back up camera, but it could make a very good parking lot camera, to really make sure you capture any license plates of cars that hit you.

added this video to the original post:

Thanks. Would be nice to see a comparison when car is parked outside overnight, & view from the internally mounted camera is obstructed by condensation or raindrops or snow or ice.

I'd also like to see what impact a couple of weeks without being cleaned has on the image quality of the external camera.

Last edited:
Thanks. Would be nice to see a comparison when car is parked outside overnight, & view from the internally mounted camera is obstructed by condensation or raindrops or snow or ice.

I'd also like to see what impact a couple of weeks without being cleaned has on the image quality of the external camera.
Ya I will post an update after awhile. It's too cold for condensation but road salt is my main concern.

I got my SGRCWPC the other day and was really pleasantly suprised how small it really is and what a fantastic video quality it provides. On the pictures online it does not provide fair size at all as it actually is in reality. Really good if you want to install it somewhere to hide.

Back