SGZC12RC Full Review

first model around mid year, second one a few months after that
ThumbsUp.jpg

After installing a CF-100 in my wife's car (to solve radio static issues) I like the dual-channel, 1 memory card concept a lot. Easier to manage than 2 single channel cameras. Just hope the video quality (day and night) is as good as the SG9665GC.

Any way I can get in on the beta/testing? This is definitely one of the best options for dash cam, I feel naked driving without a dash cam now.

Not looking for a freebie, I'd still pay for the unit. I'll be looking forward to getting one of these either to test or to buy right out!

Not looking for a freebie, I'd still pay for the unit. I'll be looking forward to getting one of these either to test or to buy right out!

maybe some sort of first release promo offer, I'm not really into the idea of charging people to buy beta product though

Sure, let me know. Look forward to hearing from you. :)

Last edited:
we're upspecing the hardware

Hello after a long research on dashcams, Street Guardian seems to be the best option for me. But from the comment above i understand that a new dashcam is about to be released sometime very soon as we are already almost mid year.

Please advise if this is correct, as i do not want to go and get the SG9665GC v2 to hear a week later that a newer better model has been released, please advise.

Hello after a long research on dashcams, Street Guardian seems to be the best option for me. But from the comment above i understand that a new dashcam is about to be released sometime very soon as we are already almost mid year.

Please advise if this is correct, as i do not want to go and get the SG9665GC v2 to hear a week later that a newer better model has been released, please advise.

that question was in regard to another model but no, SG9665GC V2 is still current and is here to stay, there will be further improvements but those are firmware related and can be applied by the end user

as i do not want to go and get the SG9665GC v2 to hear a week later that a newer better model has been released, please advise.
I remember this with a mate of mine, he said he didn't want to get a new computer 10 years ago as a newer better model was just around the corner, when that model was released he waited a bit to see how it went, then he said na, I will wait until the next better model comes out. took him years to get a new computer.
same here, just get whats the best now, then upgrade later and sell what you got. consider it like leasing a car, always get the latest and it doesn't cost excessive amounts as you can always sell the older one. wait too long then what you got now will depreciate in value and the newest one will cost you more.

that question was in regard to another model but no, SG9665GC V2 is still current and is here to stay, there will be further improvements but those are firmware related and can be applied by the end user

So, its safe to say that if i buy the SG9665GC V2, it will still be the latest model for the coming 6 months. Correct?

I remember this with a mate of mine, he said he didn't want to get a new computer 10 years ago as a newer better model was just around the corner, when that model was released he waited a bit to see how it went, then he said na, I will wait until the next better model comes out. took him years to get a new computer.
same here, just get whats the best now, then upgrade later and sell what you got. consider it like leasing a car, always get the latest and it doesn't cost excessive amounts as you can always sell the older one. wait too long then what you got now will depreciate in value and the newest one will cost you more.

Lol, of course i wont wait for that long, am talking about a month or two, if its a couple of months wait, i will wait, but if its more than that, then as you said i'll just go on and buy it. I remember when i bought my Zune HD, i bought it today and a week later, literally a week later, they dropped the product and discontinued it! How lucky ha? :)

PS: Is SG9665GC V2 the best model which street guardian is providing? or would the SGZC12SG V2 – PRO be a better choice?

We are working on other models that will be released over the next few months, the SG9665GC is still a model that will continue though, as will the other models currently available

We are working on other models that will be released over the next few months, the SG9665GC is still a model that will continue though, as will the other models currently available

Thanks, what is considered your current best model? Would that be the SG9665GC or the SGZC12SG? Because videos on the internet for the SGZC12SG show visible jumps between frames as if it is below 30FPS, while the video is smoother on the SG9665GC.

I guess i will wait for a couple of months and see what other beast you will release.

... a week later that a newer better model has been released, please advise.
Even if a newer, better camera comes about it does not instantly change the functionality of the one you bought - it will still have the same capabilities as when you bought it. If it was good enough at that time it will still be good enough.

Thanks, what is considered your current best model? Would that be the SG9665GC or the SGZC12SG? Because videos on the internet for the SGZC12SG show visible jumps between frames as if it is below 30FPS, while the video is smoother on the SG9665GC.

I guess i will wait for a couple of months and see what other beast you will release.

There is no jumps. Internet ( YouTube ) is not best place to fully judge video playback. Need to playback raw / original video on your PC.

It is best to find a source to download actually raw footage to evaluate from any given camera as videos "on the internet" will not give you an accurate notion of what the camera can do and may exhibit flaws not seen in the original footage.

Edit: What @niko said. :)

Even if a newer, better camera comes about it does not instantly change the functionality of the one you bought - it will still have the same capabilities as when you bought it. If it was good enough at that time it will still be good enough.
Yet one would hope that if a new camera does come out that it will have more features and better characteristics for the money than the current offering.

Yet one would hope that if a new camera does come out that it will have more features and better characteristics for the money than the current offering.
Agreed - but does not change the fact that if the currently available model fulfills your needs that will not change if/when a newer version appears.

Back